Inexperience

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Inexperience

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:57 am

If we have reached an inflexion point - which will become clear in the next few weeks - where we seem to become incapable of gaining enough points, I can't see how PW can't act.

Relegation will be very expensive, both in terms of lower gates and the higher wages needed to guarantee promotion back. Plus we'd need to change the manager anyway. Triple whammy. I remember we assembled a near championship squad to get out of L2 last time.

Whatever Pw has said previously, if the probable balance of costs tips, RN's departure will be in play I'm sure of it.

I'm hoping that will not be necessary, but I chose the word rot carefully.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:24 am

Who on earth would we replace him with, at this stage.

Like AC, I loved Robbo, but I really don’t see any merit in sacking Neilson. The club made its decision, it needs the bottle to stick with it.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:45 am

dons50 wrote:Who on earth would we replace him with, at this stage.

Like AC, I loved Robbo, but I really don’t see any merit in sacking Neilson. The club made its decision, it needs the bottle to stick with it.

I don't think it will be quite so simple D50, but things might change for the better. Only a week or two weeks ago I thought March would be the crunch time. Shows how quickly developments can change opinions. All down to indications over the next few matches.

It has got to be as much a commercial decision as a philosophical one.

But I admire your stoicism / consistency D50. ;)
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 am

As a famous line from one of my all time favourite tracks goes; "you've made your bed you'd better lie in it". In fact, regarding what has happened over the last 14 months or so at our club, quite a few lines from that track spring to mind.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=you+t ... e&ie=UTF-8
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:53 am

I don't get that argument.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm

ACDon wrote:

As a famous line from one of my all time favourite tracks goes; "you've made your bed you'd better lie in it". In fact, regarding what has happened over the last 14 months or so at our club, quite a few lines from that track spring to mind.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=you+t ... e&ie=UTF-8

You choose your leaders, and place your trust.
dons50

Postby dons50 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

MKDF wrote:I don't get that argument.

If you follow the rest of the song, neither does AC.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

dons50 wrote:You choose your leaders, and place your trust.

That's like saying you must always stick with a loss-making CEO. You only do that if you can afford it, and believe the strategy and the CEO's ability to execute it.

It's the latter bits we're trying to figure out.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 pm

MKDF wrote:

That's like saying you must always stick with a loss-making CEO. You only do that if you believe the strategy and the CEO's ability to execute it.

Chill out, I was just quoting the next line from the song. As I say, it goes on to back up your point.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:12 pm

dons50 wrote:
MKDF wrote:

That's like saying you must always stick with a loss-making CEO. You only do that if you believe the strategy and the CEO's ability to execute it.

Chill out, I was just quoting the next line from the song. As I say, it goes on to back up your point.

Chilled enough thanks D50, but i'll be sure to check my moods with you in future.

That line looks like your stated position, but hey the last thing we need are more factions.
MKDF

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat