Our Next 3 games....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Our Next 3 games....

Postby ACDon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:21 am

All at home against Rotherham United, Bury and Blackpool. Time is running out and IMO we need a minimum of 7 points from these games if we are going to stand any chance of avoiding relegation. Obviously confidence levels are low at the moment, but if we hit the ground running with a win against Rotherham United on Tuesday night then who knows....

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Our Next 3 games....

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:24 am

I'm still going for a winning March, except for Rovers.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I think the time for talk has ended. If I listen to any more speeches from players or management i’ll blow a gasket.

We’re still doing so much wrong it’s doing my head in. Time for them to make it count.

I’m hoping we’ll see Tav before too long.

Oh and I agree about the 7 points. Rochdale beat Rotherham away. RoTherham are treading water at the moment. If we can’t beat them on Tuesday we deserve our fate and the players deserve league 2 and a pay cut.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:36 pm

We have had many 'must win' games and failed to do the business. This really is our last chance and we need to win our next three games to give us some confidence and a glimmer of hope that we will stave off relegation.
Failing to do that will mean the Last Chance Saloon has run out off beer and even the horse has bolted - and it is a long way back!
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:43 pm

If you really tried, you could've squeezed in at least three more metaphors LD. ;)
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:32 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:We have had many 'must win' games and failed to do the business. This really is our last chance and we need to win our next three games to give us some confidence and a glimmer of hope that we will stave off relegation.
Failing to do that will mean the Last Chance Saloon has run out off beer and even the horse has bolted - and it is a long way back!

If we were to win our next three games we would definitely have more than a glimmer of hope of avoiding relegation, IMO that is a massive ask and quite unlikely, but we do need to get something out of all 3 of these games and 7 points out of 9 is more of a realistic target. One step at a time though, lets beat Rotherham United Tuesday night, then concentrate on the next "cup final" a real "six pointer" against Bury on Saturday.

COYD.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:03 am

ACDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:We have had many 'must win' games and failed to do the business. This really is our last chance and we need to win our next three games to give us some confidence and a glimmer of hope that we will stave off relegation.

If we were to win our next three games we would definitely have more than a glimmer of hope of avoiding relegation, IMO that is a massive ask and quite unlikely, but we do need to get something out of all 3 of these games and 7 points out of 9 is more of a realistic target. One step at a time though, lets beat Rotherham United Tuesday night, then concentrate on the next "cup final" a real "six pointer" against Bury on Saturday.

COYD.

Seven points from the next three games would only just see us out of the bottom four, assuming that all four teams that would then be below us have lost their three games - and even then we would only be clear on goal difference!
Being realistic I am afraid doesn't come into the equation any more - we are going to need points from a number of unrealistic sources if we are to survive. Agree one step at a time though - we really have to give the team our full support in the coming weeks.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:15 am

Even after tonight's result, I would still take 7 points out of the nine available for the three home games mentioned, but if we do get all nine, then who knows...... :D
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:03 am

ACDon wrote:Even after tonight's result, I would still take 7 points out of the nine available for the three home games mentioned, but if we do get all nine, then who knows...... :D

Nah, we are all cock-a-hoop at the moment - we have to keep this momentum going, we NEED those 9 points.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:Even after tonight's result, I would still take 7 points out of the nine available for the three home games mentioned, but if we do get all nine, then who knows...... :D

Nah, we are all cock-a-hoop at the moment - we have to keep this momentum going, we NEED those 9 points.

Not saying we don't need them LD, just trying to set a realistic target. Putting it all into perspective, if we do go on and win all 3, it will be the first time this season we have won 3 consecutive league games. One thing is for sure, if we can (at least) stay unbeaten for 3 games, confidence levels both on and off the pitch will improve.
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat