New Manager

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: New Manager

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Mon May 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Furzdonny wrote:Then again we might be making the same mistake Pete did with Neilson, looking for the polar opposite of the previous manager. A mixture of Robinson, Neilson & Micciche, might be better.
A mixture of Allen, Ince & Di Matteo, would get us promoted years quicker... :D
'It's been really rubbish and it's not acceptable.
We've got to have a manager that says this is about me, and the future...'

PW.

Zone Prediction Champion 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017
TCR Prediction Champion 2018
Zone L1 Fantasy Football Champion

84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby Furzdonny » Mon May 07, 2018 1:12 pm

SG19Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:Then again we might be making the same mistake Pete did with Neilson, looking for the polar opposite of the previous manager. A mixture of Robinson, Neilson & Micciche, might be better.

Only if it's the goos bits, if it's the bad bits we could be in trouble.
Furzdonny

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Wed May 09, 2018 4:28 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
SG19Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Only if it's the good bits, if it's the bad bits we could be in trouble.
If it was the combined bad bits of Allen, Ince & Di Matteo, at least we'd finish mid-table. :)
If it was the combined bad bits of Robinson, Neilson & Micciche, we'd be relegated again with 0 league wins at Stadium:MK all season... :lol:

PW.

84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby Furzdonny » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 pm

It seems that Paul Tisdale is now a likely candidate. I missed out two league 2 play offs, including this year, so he could go one better. Considering his resources and that he has developed young players, I would be happy with him. Considering his elegant dress sense, I wonder is he attracted by the MK shops? :D
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 am

Furzdonny wrote:It seems that Paul Tisdale is now a likely candidate. I missed out two league 2 play offs, including this year, so he could go one better. Considering his resources and that he has developed young players, I would be happy with him. Considering his elegant dress sense, I wonder is he attracted by the MK shops? :D

Lets hope we hear the new appointment ASAP because (ridiculous as it may sound) we are already behind the majority of clubs in our preparation for next season. Pretty sure if it is Tisdale (which sounds likely) we wont be hearing anything until their fate is decided in the league 2 play-offs.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Thu May 17, 2018 5:23 pm

I’m still a bit dubious about Tisdale. I’m not sure why someone who has been at the same club for twelve years, and that club is in the L2 playoffs, would want to join a club that as sacked three managers in a year and a half.

I guess Winkie is a persuasive guy.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Thu May 17, 2018 5:30 pm

dons50 wrote:I’m still a bit dubious about Tisdale. I’m not sure why someone who has been at the same club for twelve years, and that club is in the L2 playoffs, would want to join a club that as sacked three managers in a year and a half.

Perhaps it's a mid life crisis.
Furzdonny

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Thu May 17, 2018 6:20 pm

dons50 wrote:I’m still a bit dubious about Tisdale. I’m not sure why someone who has been at the same club for twelve years, and that club is in the L2 playoffs, would want to join a club that as sacked three managers in a year and a half.
Looking at things more positively, we've only had to sack three managers within the previous almost twelve years now, which compares quite favourably with the vast majority of other clubs. :D

PW.

84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby MKDF » Sat May 19, 2018 8:40 am

I’m also unconvinced but for other reasons. I think we need to be building for the championship now.

Just because we have made some bad choices and had experiences doesn’t make us an unattractive club. Our track record with managers has been brilliant for years.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat May 19, 2018 3:04 pm

MKDF wrote:

I’m also unconvinced but for other reasons. I think we need to be building for the championship now.

Just because we have made some bad choices and had experiences doesn’t make us an unattractive club. Our track record with managers has been brilliant for years.

Have been watching this from afar due to a wedding (not Harry's), hols etc. and am also unconvinced for other reasons. For a manager to be at a lower league club for so long and with some success not to have previously been head-hunted, as far as we know, seems a bit strange and there has to be a reason for that. Tisdale would have to convince PW that that any given reason is plausible.
LinsladeDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat