Jake Hesketh and Stephen Walker...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Jake Hesketh and Stephen Walker...

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

Both seem a silver lining to a dark cloud at the moment.
Furzdonny

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:44 pm

dons50 wrote:Of course it’s all opinions but I’d rather still have the only manager who got the Dons promoted to the Championship, beat the most famous club in the world 4-0, hammered QPR at their home ground, and played some of the best football I’ve seen at our level.

In addition he was very involved with the academy and ensured the same philosophy and style flowed through the club. Ask Dele about his influence.

Yes,we went through a difficult time, but I genuinely believe we would be in a much better position now had we had the courage to stick with him and maintain continuity.

When did we play Real Madrid?
The sacking of Robinson wasn't the problem, the appointment of Neilson was, he set the club back years, i had huge doubts over Tisdale when he was appointed, but he needs time, he's possibly a decent manager, but his tactics need work.
Robinson got a side promoted that I think i could have, the recruitment in the summer was awful, partly due to Winkelman not putting enough money into the cause, but they were Robinsons signings, personally i didn't really want him gone, but i wouldn't want him back either.
You'll probably say im wrong as per.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby dons50 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 am

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:
dons50 wrote:Of course it’s all opinions but I’d rather still have the only manager who got the Dons promoted to the Championship, beat the most famous club in the world 4-0, hammered QPR at their home ground, and played some of the best football I’ve seen at our level.

In addition he was very involved with the academy and ensured the same philosophy and style flowed through the club. Ask Dele about his influence.

Yes,we went through a difficult time, but I genuinely believe we would be in a much better position now had we had the courage to stick with him and maintain continuity.

The sacking of Robinson wasn't the problem, the appointment of Neilson was, he set the club back years, i had huge doubts over Tisdale when he was appointed, but he needs time, he's possibly a decent manager, but his tactics need work.
Robinson got a side promoted that I think i could have, the recruitment in the summer was awful, partly due to Winkelman not putting enough money into the cause, but they were Robinsons signings, personally i didn't really want him gone, but i wouldn't want him back either.

I think you’re wrong and you think I’m wrong. Fair enough.
dons50

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 pm

The sacking of Robinson wasn't the problem, the appointment of Neilson was
This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Anyway, back on topic - I thought Hesketh fully deserved his MOTM award on Saturday.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:The sacking of Robinson wasn't the problem, the appointment of Neilson was

No, it's opinion. ;)

You'll probably find two on this forum who have a different opinion. :D
dons50

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:55 pm

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:The sacking of Robinson wasn't the problem, the appointment of Neilson was

No, it's opinion. ;)

There's your opinion (always right), and everyone else's (always wrong :lol:)
You never know, we may agree on something one day :)
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:24 pm

dons50 wrote:

No, it's opinion. ;)

That's true. In our house if Mrs LD says something it is the truth, but if I say something it is only my opinion - and usually not a very good one at that!!! :D
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:52 pm

dons50 wrote:

No, it's opinion. ;)

There's your opinion (always right), and everyone else's (always wrong :lol:)
You never know, we may agree on something one day :)

Probably about cricket. :lol:
dons50

Postby dons50 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:54 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

No, it's opinion. ;)

That's true. In our house if Mrs LD says something it is the truth, but if I say something it is only my opinion - and usually not a very good one at that!!! :D

Did she go to the same school as Mrs Dons50? She says exactly the same. :lol:
dons50

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 am

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:
No, it's opinion. ;)

Did she go to the same school as Mrs Dons50? She says exactly the same. :lol:

Quite possibly although Mrs LD is Welsh. :lol:
LinsladeDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat