Morecambe reviews..

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Morecambe reviews..

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 pm

I suppose all good things have to come to an end, but last night's performance really did bring us down to earth with a bump.

Decided to make a three dayer out of this trip, leaving after work on Monday early evening and staying for a couple of nights in Morecambe, thankfully last night's woeful performance didn't get in the way of a really enjoyable few days with good friends. We took in the sights of Morecambe during the day on Tuesday, had a nice walk along the seafront, posed for our photos by the Eric Morecome statue, watched the racing from Cheltenham in the pub (showed a profit :D ) and had lovely Haddock and chips pre match.Then came the football.

Not going to defend Tisdale (or blame the conditions) on this one,his team fell well short last night, surely Oran Jackson should be recalled in the situation we find ourselves, no regular centre halves available, so we play players out of position and pay the price. Even so we still should have performed better and still nearly mustered a point against a side who consider their season a success if they avoid relegation. Strange our top goal scorer Agard never started, I really struggle to fathom out some of Tisdale's selections. My take on this season so far is, we are where we are in spite of Tisdale rather than because of Tisdale. Such is the standard of league 2 this season, I still believe we have a good chance of automatic promotion.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Morecambe reviews..

Postby newportdon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm

I remember windy days at the nhs . Balls sailing out of play . in golf with a wind you hit the ball low not high .Obviously passing on the deck not lofted balls buts that how they have been playing lately . listened on the radio to most of it sounded like they were not competing and allowing Morcombe possession unlike Newport away .
newportdon

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 pm

Thanks AC, tbh i was never a fan of Tisdales appointment in the first place, but after a sticky start we looked to have mastered this poor league in October - November, but after a false dawn, injured players (mainly centre backs), we were bought down to earth either side of Christmas with a series of poor performances or giveaway leads. We again turned things around in February - March, winning five in a row again, now i have no idea why Walsh was missing, but putting Agard on the bench was stupidity beyond belief, we have enough about us to claim third spot, as Mansfield seem to be struggling too, but watch out for tranmere, hitting form at the right time, going to be close, but i fear it's the playoffs because i have little faith in Tisdale and his tactics unfortunately.
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:Thanks AC, tbh i was never a fan of Tisdales appointment in the first place, but after a sticky start we looked to have mastered this poor league in October - November, but after a false dawn, injured players (mainly centre backs), we were bought down to earth either side of Christmas with a series of poor performances or giveaway leads. We again turned things around in February - March, winning five in a row again, now i have no idea why Walsh was missing, but putting Agard on the bench was stupidity beyond belief, we have enough about us to claim third spot, as Mansfield seem to be struggling too, but watch out for tranmere, hitting form at the right time, going to be close, but i fear it's the playoffs because i have little faith in Tisdale and his tactics unfortunately.

Yeah, Tranmere are flying at the moment and we visit them in April, that will certainly be no walk in the park.We have quite a few tough but obviously winnable games in the run in, it's not going to be easy but our destiny is still in our own hands. The thing which annoys me most about Tisdale is his reluctance to put any faith in our youngsters when more senior players are hardly pulling up trees.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:12 am

I think it’s a bit harsh to be critical of not starting Agard.

He’s played a lot of games, he has to be rested at some stage. It’s quite possible that the medical team recommended it. If you read managers’ autobiographies it happens a lot nowadays. There’s a lot of information that we’re not party to.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 am

dons50 wrote:I think it’s a bit harsh to be critical of not starting Agard.

He’s played a lot of games, he has to be rested at some stage. It’s quite possible that the medical team recommended it. If you read managers’ autobiographies it happens a lot nowadays. There’s a lot of information that we’re not party to.

True...And I doubt if any of us would have criticised the decision not to start him if we had won, but the fact we lost 4-2 and he still scored two goals obviously gets supporters asking the question, "why didn't he start"?
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat