AFC Kingston reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

AFC Kingston reviews....

Postby ACDon » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:44 am

When I said in my pre match prediction, "this is a game we need to win for more than one reason", what I meant was, that apart from the obvious bitter rivalry, IMO based on the last time we played them and match reports I have read this season, they are amongst the poorest teams in league 1 and a team we really need to be beating at home.

I must say I was surprised when seeing the team selections, with both Nombe and Kasumu starting, was this a bit risky in a televised game against our biggest rivals? Well I'm pleased to say both players well and truly grabbed their chance and turned in very good performances and although Healey won the match sponsors MOTM award, Nombe was given the award on Sky TV, well done to both players, it was a pleasure to watch two of our own and presents Tisdale with a healthy selection dilemma ahead of our next game, drop either of these two players and your popularity amongst our supporters may drop Mr T.

As hoped, we came out and went straight at AFC from kick-off and deservedly took the lead after 10 minutes through a well taken goal from Noumbe which incorporated a mixture of body strength and quality finishing. Then on 28 minutes Healey increased the lead with a class finish of his own, 2-0 up in less than a third of the game, hopefully we could build on this and win a game convincingly for once, without the need for any nail biting.

If I was to do player ratings for yesterday's game I would probably give every Dons player a 9 for their first half performance, but in the second half ratings there would be a lot more 6's. I'm not sure what was said to the players at half-time, because although we looked comfortable and well capable of adding to our lead, the job was only half done. After the interval we seemed to sit back and slowly allow AFC back into a game they had previously not looked dangerous in and sure enough chances fell their way, so yet again we were left biting our nails in a game we should have sewn up. Still a good result and something to build on in the coming weeks.

I found the decision to keep us (the home fans) locked in the ground after the final whistle a bit strange, specially when they finally let us out of gate 4 in the East stand and we walked straight into the so called AFC firm of around 40 or 50 loud mouthed adolescent kids giving it large surrounded by an equal amount of police and security staff. Surely this was a bit unnecessary. Never mind, it didn't tarnish the day much, the celebrations just had to start a few minutes later! :D

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: AFC Kingston reviews....

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:31 am

Totally agree ACDon, an excellent report. I have covered the two halves elsewhere. I would just like to congratulate Noumbe & Kasumo and hope they continue and even get better. The post match experience was a farce, but I don't want to take away from the win.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat