What is normality?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

What is normality?

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Haven't posted here for some time due to difficult family circumstances - to keep it short, brother lost his left leg and his home and I, as his next-of-kin was very much involved throughout it all. Although still needing care and attention he is very much improved, has been re-settled and now Mrs LD and I can return to football and hopefully put some normality back into our lives!

Normality and football - simply not applicable when supporting MK Dons! We have seen some good football occasionally but it general we have watched some dire rubbish. Take the last three league games for instance;

Against Southend, a team without a win to their name, we fielded a team set up to try and keep a clean sheet. We didn't manage that and deserved what we got - nothing.

Against Sunderland, (we managed a short break in Newcastle and coincidentally found that the Dons were playing nearby ;) ) first half we were clearly second best but at least put on a much better show in the second period which gave us some hope for the next game.
This was against Burton, a team we would hope to beat at home if we are to survive in this division, we were dire and again got what we deserved, a 0-3 defeat!

And yet in between all that we gave a decent account of ourselves against Liverpool!

V Burton TIS had only 11 players available who could play a full 90 minutes. Incredible but true - he told me that himself! So some sympathy must go to the manager but he must also accept criticism for some of his woeful selections/formations in too many games. He seems to be too defence minded when the best way to defend is to attack!

So where does this leave me in my search for normality? Not with the Dons, not at the cinema where everything is false or exaggerated and certainly not with with news which is being dictated by Brexit. Can anyone help PLEASE. :D :D :D
LinsladeDon

Re: What is normality?

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 pm

The three normal things for me are:

1. Injuries
2. Fans thinking they could do a better job than the manager
3. The hope & desire to make it into the Championship and beyond.
Furzdonny

Re: What is normality?

Postby ACDon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:34 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:Haven't posted here for some time due to difficult family circumstances - to keep it short, brother lost his left leg and his home and I, as his next-of-kin was very much involved throughout it all. Although still needing care and attention he is very much improved, has been re-settled and now Mrs LD and I can return to football and hopefully put some normality back into our lives!

Normality and football - simply not applicable when supporting MK Dons! We have seen some good football occasionally but it general we have watched some dire rubbish. Take the last three league games for instance;

Against Southend, a team without a win to their name, we fielded a team set up to try and keep a clean sheet. We didn't manage that and deserved what we got - nothing.

Against Sunderland, (we managed a short break in Newcastle and coincidentally found that the Dons were playing nearby ;) ) first half we were clearly second best but at least put on a much better show in the second period which gave us some hope for the next game.
This was against Burton, a team we would hope to beat at home if we are to survive in this division, we were dire and again got what we deserved, a 0-3 defeat!

And yet in between all that we gave a decent account of ourselves against Liverpool!

V Burton TIS had only 11 players available who could play a full 90 minutes. Incredible but true - he told me that himself! So some sympathy must go to the manager but he must also accept criticism for some of his woeful selections/formations in too many games. He seems to be too defence minded when the best way to defend is to attack!

So where does this leave me in my search for normality? Not with the Dons, not at the cinema where everything is false or exaggerated and certainly not with with news which is being dictated by Brexit. Can anyone help PLEASE. :D :D :D

Sorry to hear you and Mrs LD have endured a fairly difficult and stressful time LD, but good to hear your brother's condition has now improved and you can return to your football on Saturday afternoons. I really hope for all our sakes, things on the pitch improve sooner rather than later. Pretty much agree with all your comments regarding our last 4 games, IMO, win lose or draw the brand of football we are currently watching isn't pretty to watch, but as we saw last season, win games, the crowds improve and supporters have a smile on their face once more......so if we are successful then to the vast majority, the brand of football isn't so important.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat