Seven matches in February

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Seven matches in February

Postby MKDF » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Agree in part Camdenite, but there is an element of revisionism there. Robinson was given the job after asking Pete to take a chance. He was a pure gamble with no mandate that I recall. He evolved his ideas for the club over a few years and went through 2.5 teams incarnations at least during his tenure.

But I agree that he left some very positive values. And you may be right that Neilson might be given less time - perhaps reflecting that he is not as green as was Robinson. However, a lot of supporters slavishly supported Robinson well past his sell-by date. I hope those same folk give Neilson patient support for a couple of seasons at the very least come what may.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:14 pm

camdenite wrote:
MKDF wrote:In my view, it is inevitable that we will have ups and downs given the transition we're in. Additionally, we have another young, relatively inexperienced manager in terms of both years in management and exposure to English League One.

If experienced managers rarely pull off immediate turnarounds, then how can we expect Neilson to do so? I think we must give him as much time as we gave Robinson, otherwise we could be accused of having double standards.

We've grown massively as a club since the day Robbo took over. It may not appear that way in terms of league stature, but everything behind the scenes is far more professional from the player salaries we pay to the number of staff employed and Robbo was a big part of growing that. I think expectations at board level will be much higher (and quicker) for Robbie. If we're not serious challengers this time next year then I believe Pete will be having a re-think. Robbo had a very different mandate when he took over. It was all about building the club. Now it's about progressing it.

Good post, our situation has changed to a big degree, totally agree.
ACDon

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:37 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:5/21 with a maximum of 11/21 still possible. Pretty poor and the play off positions are now looking very distant. :(

In all honesty, I'm looking down again not up... :(
That is until we reach safety.

We were one point away from the drop zone with no GD advantage, on October 23rd.
We're now 8 points away from the drop zone with a +18 GD advantage, on Feb 26th.
And another step up & away from the consecutive relegations we were heading towards in October... :D
Change happening - fresh approach underway
Moneyball 2: The Sequel - Leicester City 2015/16
The Zone League 1 Fantasy Football Champion
Prediction Champion 2010/11 2014/15 & 2015/16
80/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat