AFC Kingston away...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

AFC Kingston away...

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:27 am

IMO the club have got the ticket/travel arrangements pretty much spot on for this fixture. We all know it's going to be a hostile atmosphere and it's of paramount importance that all our travelling supporters return home safely. I've already read different opinions elsewhere from supporters who I don't believe had any intention of going to the game anyway. But you can't please everyone...

We've been given 600 tickets so hopefully we'll sell out.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/2016 ... 81786.aspx
ACDon

Re: AFC Kingston away...

Postby dons50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:31 am

It's a sensible approach but reflects very badly on football in general. I look forward to the day when I can sit next to a fan of the opposite team - just like I can if I go to a rugby match.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:40 am

dons50 wrote:It's a sensible approach but reflects very badly on football in general. I look forward to the day when I can sit next to a fan of the opposite team - just like I can if I go to a rugby match.

I think this is probably the case at a fair few of our games. A lot of people use rugby as a prime example of a sport where this often happens but in all honesty, in general rugby team's supporters are much less passionate about their club than football supporters and lots of games are watched by a high percentage of neutrals, so it's slightly unfair to compare the two.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:31 am

Did we ban alcohol in the stadium when they came here?
MKDF

Postby warwickdons » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:40 am

Can't see us selling more than 200 tbh with these restrictions
warwickdons

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 am

warwickdons wrote:Can't see us selling more than 200 tbh with these restrictions

I had my doubts but I was surprised at how many people were queueing for tickets at 1.45pm yesterday. I spoke to several away day regulars and the majority of them are going, I think we will sell out.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:27 pm

ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:It's a sensible approach but reflects very badly on football in general. I look forward to the day when I can sit next to a fan of the opposite team - just like I can if I go to a rugby match.

I think this is probably the case at a fair few of our games. A lot of people use rugby as a prime example of a sport where this often happens but in all honesty, in general rugby team's supporters are much less passionate about their club than football supporters and lots of games are watched by a high percentage of neutrals, so it's slightly unfair to compare the two.

Go and watch Wales v England in Cardiff and say the fans aren't passionate. They are just as passionate they just behave properly.
dons50

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:49 pm

dons50 wrote:Go and watch Wales v England in Cardiff and say the fans aren't passionate. They are just as passionate they just behave properly.

Must agree with this, it is the same for all rugby fans I have met - and that includes both codes of the game at all levels.

Back to the original topic, it is worth remembering that the police have an input on safety matters and their advice is for our own good. Just in case we think it is only we supporters that are being inconvenienced, so is everyone else connected with the club - directors, staff and players.

Very sad really, not that that will worry the fruit and nut cases associated with AFC.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:53 pm

It's not unheard of at rugby games. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fans.html
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:53 am

Rugby League. They're from the north. :lol: ;)
dons50

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat