AFC Kingston away...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: AFC Kingston away...

Postby warwickdons » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:10 pm

I still think it should be down to the individual how he or she gets to this or any game, the freedom of choice surely, once again the idiots have won :( Be the reason i won't go, still waiting for pick up points and times, by the time they announce this, it will be sold out :o
warwickdons

Postby MKDF » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:46 pm

From TCR

BracknellDons wrote:

I am astounded by some of the criticism that both the club and the working group are receiving for this; i think perhaps people need to get their head out of the clouds? It's little to do with OUR safety in the ground but more importantly US entering and exiting the ground, those of you who went to Brizzle away last season will testify that the host clubs responsibility is to ensure our safety WITHIN the stadium complex, after that it's not their issue. Pretty much every low-life scum who's looking for a bit of 'ag' would have strategically placed themselves in areas that would present a very real threat to our safety, tube stations, bus stops, alleyways - you name it all would have been a breeding ground for troublemakers. They wouldn't even have been AFC fans probably, just like the 1st game when plenty of people 'jumped on the bandwagon'. Did you hear of the MK boy whose nose was broken by mid-40's AFC fan, for being an MK Dons fan....?
As you can see I don't reside in MK, in fact I could be at the ground in a 35-min drive or 45-min train but absolutely support the clubs stance on insisting that we travel together, even though it inconveniences me hugely.

Then again I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.....

Just to clarify, his nose wasn't broken and this incident took place at MK rail station. I was right behind him and took the pic.

A touch of hyperbole perhaps. I'd like to get to this game if I can, just to support the club. I don't expect us to get away without incident however, even with the precautions, as I expect bricks will be involved.

I recommend every has their cameras filming on exit. Something will happen and we'd want to catch those involved.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:01 pm

MKDF wrote:From TCR

BracknellDons wrote:

I am astounded by some of the criticism that both the club and the working group are receiving for this; i think perhaps people need to get their head out of the clouds? It's little to do with OUR safety in the ground but more importantly US entering and exiting the ground, those of you who went to Brizzle away last season will testify that the host clubs responsibility is to ensure our safety WITHIN the stadium complex, after that it's not their issue. Pretty much every low-life scum who's looking for a bit of 'ag' would have strategically placed themselves in areas that would present a very real threat to our safety, tube stations, bus stops, alleyways - you name it all would have been a breeding ground for troublemakers. They wouldn't even have been AFC fans probably, just like the 1st game when plenty of people 'jumped on the bandwagon'. Did you hear of the MK boy whose nose was broken by mid-40's AFC fan, for being an MK Dons fan....?
As you can see I don't reside in MK, in fact I could be at the ground in a 35-min drive or 45-min train but absolutely support the clubs stance on insisting that we travel together, even though it inconveniences me hugely.

Then again I guess you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.....

Just to clarify, his nose wasn't broken and this incident took place at MK rail station. I was right behind him and took the pic.

A touch of hyperbole perhaps. I'd like to get to this game if I can, just to support the club. I don't expect us to get away without incident however, even with the precautions, as I expect bricks will be involved.

I recommend every has their cameras filming on exit. Something will happen and we'd want to catch those involved.

I think BracknellDons has nailed it in that post. I travel to virtually every away game independently (normally by train) but was expecting to hear that this game would be a bubble fixture, so I wasn't surprised to hear the arrangements when they were announced, I really believe the club have made this decision because they believe it is in everyone's best interest. I appreciate it may inconvenience some supporters and it is a shame it is deemed necessary for this to happen. Pretty sure this arrangement will only be put in place for this particular fixture............and maybe if we should ever have the displeasure of playing a certain side who are currently in league 2.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:07 am

warwickdons wrote:I still think it should be down to the individual how he or she gets to this or any game, the freedom of choice surely, once again the idiots have won :( Be the reason i won't go, still waiting for pick up points and times, by the time they announce this, it will be sold out :o

The pick-up point and times wont be announced until as late as possible. At a guess, it could even be that they might not be published publicly but given to you personally when you buy a ticket as that would reduce the chances of a "reception committee" waiting to meet the coaches - particularly at the pick-up point inside the M25.
Might sound OTT but it ain't, every precaution that can be taken to ensure your safety is being taken.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:46 pm

I've decided to boycott this match by attending. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else going?
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:24 pm

MKDF wrote:I've decided to boycott this match by attending. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else going?

Yes, I'm going. I can fully understand and respect supporters who are not going due to safety concerns but this was always a must go match in my diary. The game at Stadium MK was like a typical local derby/cup final and i'm expecting the return fixture to be similar. Hope it passes by without any serious disorder for the sake of football and both teams concerned.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:12 pm

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:I've decided to boycott this match by attending. Really looking forward to it. Anyone else going?

Yes, I'm going. I can fully understand and respect supporters who are not going due to safety concerns but this was always a must go match in my diary. The game at Stadium MK was like a typical local derby/cup final and i'm expecting the return fixture to be similar. Hope it passes by without any serious disorder for the sake of football and both teams concerned.

I thought Samuelson's programme notes were reasonably responsible. That said I don't expect this match to be trouble free. I also expect their stewards to be provocative. Wonder whether Pete will be standing with us.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 pm

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:

I thought Samuelson's programme notes were reasonably responsible. That said I don't expect this match to be trouble free. I also expect their stewards to be provocative. Wonder whether Pete will be standing with us.

If he attends the game he will definitely be standing with us.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:31 pm

ACDon wrote:

I'd like to go but really can't be bothered to go on the coach and then be treated like a sub human being for the evening. I accept it's probably necessary but it's no fun. I don't like football that much.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:45 pm

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:Wonder whether Pete will be standing with us.

If he attends the game he will definitely be standing with us.

True, given he is refused any other tickets. :lol:

I'd be shocked if he stays away. That's not leadership, and a leader he is.
MKDF

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat