Myths

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Myths

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:48 pm

There have been a few myths going around recently that should be put to bed;

That our Chairman & Directors were refused hospitality/tickets for our forthcoming game with AFC.
Visits by senior staff have already been made to Kingston and talks between both clubs have been co-operative and productive.
We were not refused hospitality, but as the area in which Directors are seated is in an insecure area it was thought inadvisable to make the offer purely for safety reasons. Our hierarchy therefore will be with, and treated exactly the same, as we supporters.

Questions over whether PW should attend this game or not.
PW has not made up his mind as yet. He is, a) wondering whether him appearing might inflame the situation and, b) is also mindful about his wife and her safety - just as any husband would be. There are no other reasons for him not to attend.

Some facts about happenings during the recent transfer window.
A certain gentleman has been bleating that we sold Carruthers for less money than offered by another club.
Firstly, we did not want to sell Carruthers but the player thought the opportunity offered was the right one for him to further his career. As he would be a free agent in the summer we agreed to let him go, and he signed for the club he chose to go to, which was the club that had submitted the highest offer.
We also had enquiries about two other players and a firm bid was made for one of them on deadline day. All enquiries/offers for these players were rejected and, to their credit, both have accepted this and are enjoying working with the current management team.
We were hoping to sign a CB on deadline day, but the Championship club we were dealing with needed to sign a CB from another Championship club before they would release 'our' man. Unfortunately both clubs were playing that evening and we simply ran out of time.
We had a hiccough though when signing O'Keefe. Cardiff agreed to loan him, but he was at home in Essex and he had to sign the papers and get them to Cardiff asap. Dons staff took the papers to Essex, O'Keefe signed but his scanner or some other contraption was busted, so it was a dash to his agent in London where all the necessary action took place - within the stipulated time.

I hope this clarifies some of the myths that have been flying around and puts the club signings (or lack of) during the transfer window into perspective.

Has anyone any others rumours that need quelling?
Last edited by LinsladeDon on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinsladeDon

Re: Myths

Postby ACDon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 am

Thanks for clearing that up regarding Winkie attending the game LD, exactly what I was told and no reason to think otherwise. I'm sure the media will be doing plenty of stirring regarding this matter so we can do without any silly comments from our own fans. If ever there's a time to stick together it's now!
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:51 am

LinsladeDon wrote:There have been a few myths going around recently that should be put to bed;

That our Chairman & Directors were refused hospitality/tickets for our forthcoming game with AFC.
Visits by senior staff have already been made to Kingston and talks between both clubs have been co-operative and productive.
We were not refused hospitality, but as the area in which Directors are seated is in an insecure area it was thought inadvisable to make the offer purely for safety reasons. Our hierarchy therefore will be with, and treated exactly the same, as we supporters.

Questions over whether PW should attend this game or not.
PW has not made up his mind as yet. He is, a) wondering whether him appearing might inflame the situation and, b) is also mindful about his wife and her safety - just as any husband would be. There are no other reasons for him not to attend

If AFC have provided for stands-only tickets to our hierarchy out of constructive dialogue, then the tone of Samuelson's statement is misleading at the very least.

I've no view on the transfer comments. Were those 'myths' propagated on this board?
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:11 am

MKDF wrote:If AFC have provided for stands-only tickets to our hierarchy out of constructive dialogue, then the tone of Samuelson's statement is misleading at the very least.

I've no view on the transfer comments. We're those 'myths' propagated on this board?

I cannot comment upon Samuelson's statement other than to point out that he does confirm......."We've jointly agreed"........(about travel and viewing arrangement for supporters and Directors)

Re the 'myths' on transfers, some points were just to give some clarification about what actually happened on deadline day, but as for the main point about a certain gentleman and his bleatings - they did not originate from this board. This is one of the more polite comments printed in the South London Press;

Charlton boss: Sheffield United got cheaper deal than we got quoted for MK midfielder
By Richard Cawley - January 9, 2017

Charlton boss Karl Robinson has confirmed he tried to land Samir Carruthers – but reckons Milton Keynes preferred to take less money from Sheffield United.

The midfielder signed for the Blades last week.

“I knew he was going to Sheffield United about 24 hours before it happened,” said Robinson. “I made a phonecall to see if he could come here, but I think when I go knocking at Milton Keynes Dons’ door then a bit more money gets put on it.

“I think they [Sheffield United] got him a bit cheaper than what I could have got him for."
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:01 pm

Cheers LD.

Anyway, I've had my bottom smacked (and rightly so) for speculating over whether or not Pete will join us. We'll leave it there, otherwise I may not be able to sit down by tomorrow... ;)
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat