New Signing

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

New Signing

Postby chas96 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Mk Dons have today (Thursday) signed Aberdeen midfielder Peter Pawlett on a two year deal for 2017/18 season.

http://www.mkdons.com/news/article/2016 ... 16098.aspx
chas96

Re: New Signing

Postby ACDon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:15 pm

He sounds like a decent recruit, but then again so did Robbie Muirhead.

I can clearly remember the conversation I had with two Glasgow Rangers supporters whilst travelling up to Blackpool for the Fleetwood weekender we had earlier in the season. When I asked about the standard of football in the Scottish Premier league they packed no punches, they predicted Celtic would win the league by a landslide whilst Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen would battle it out for second place, not a bad piece of predicting from a couple of lads who were drinking strong lager and looked like they'd been in more fights than Evander Holyfield. They also said that if these teams were to compete in the English leagues Celtic would be around mid table in the Championship, whilst Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen would struggle to reach the play-offs in league 1. Quite a honest assessment from a couple of partisan Scotchmen. To add more substance to the point I am making, towards the end of last season we loaned Simon Church out to Aberdeen after he had scored just 2 goals in 19 matches for us. Church went on to score 6 goals in 13 appearances for Aberdeen including a goal on his debut against Celtic. I'm not saying there aren't some talented footballers in Scotland, i'm just making the point that the standard of football played North of the border isn't particularly high. A combination of a move down South and the transition to English football may also effect the player. There are plenty of talented footballers in England that may fit in better at our club.

So, as exciting as this signing may sound to some, I will reserve my judgement for when he has completed a few starts for us.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Those Rangers comments about benchmarking leagues are interesting, but just a guess.

I reckon Muirhead could be heading in the same direction as Downing - rapid improvement. As long as we expect Muirhead to be a no nonsense footballer doing the basic things pretty well, I think we'll come to view him as an asset.

Pawlett sounds like the opposite to Muirhead - fast and tricky. Will be interesting to see what he has to offer.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Unused sub today for Aberdeen. Don't get too excited folks. ;)
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:26 am

ACDon wrote:Unused sub today for Aberdeen. Don't get too excited folks. ;)

As Josie Mouriho said, "lower league's teams they are getting better and better." He won't find this an easy league to play,
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat