AFC Kingston, Tuesday night, the live beam etc..

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

AFC Kingston, Tuesday night, the live beam etc..

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:58 pm

I've been reading so much about this game (mainly from people who aren't actually going) on other forums and social media that I feel I need to put my honest opinion across.

Total respect for all those supporters who aren't going because they feel it may be an unsavoury atmosphere and they don't want to watch a game in fear, my wife and son are watching the game on the live beam at Stadium MK for exactly those reasons.

I've read posts from people saying the game doesn't matter!! Well, I strongly disagree, if we win on Tuesday night and don't win another game all season, providing we don't get relegated I will be happy. To beat them again this season and on their own ground (if you can call it that) will be the highlight of a damp squib of a season for me.

I've read posts from people (some of which have previously "bigged up" the two clubs rivalry) saying they can't be bothered to go because the game is meaningless, but are going to the live beam back. Slightly hypocritical..

IMO our club has taken the necessary precautions regarding the security for this game, I knew (or was pretty certain) it would be a "bubble fixture" with an early departure time (meaning a few hours off work) so nothing has come as a surprise to me. Do people really think it would be safe to walk away from our end of the ground after the game and catch a train home or walk to a car? I know we have a lot of "new football fans" but trust me, by avoiding this situation our club has acted in everyone's best interest.

I know it's going to be a very hostile atmosphere and we are going to receive a lot of abuse, but those of us going can hold our heads up and rise above this.

I don't attend every midweek away game in a season but this was one I simply could not miss.
ACDon

Re: AFC Kingston, Tuesday night, the live beam etc..

Postby MKDF » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:11 am

Well said, and I couldn't agree more AC.

I'm hoping those of us going there will maintain a light hearted, supportive, party-like atmosphere in our section. The more Kingston froth at the mouth (and the more they do the happier I will be), the more we should smile and celebrate our club.

We've come a long way as a club. We've always faced adversity and disapproval by sticking together and enjoying our comradery. This is the ultimate and unrepeatable opportunity for that to shine and to reinforce our identity. I hope the minority of our fans who see this as a potential cockpit are put straight by the wiser voices amongst us.

I'm really keen on the idea of the Kingston lot becoming apoplectic with our unquashable enjoyment of the event - and the more Kingston rage the more we should celebrate our club and players.

Any chance someone could get this message to TCR so we're all of the same mind? Also, when we depart it would be great if folk can stand up in each coach to make the same point and get the party started. :D
MKDF

Postby warwickdons » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:21 pm

You should all go in PW fancy dress, that would confuse the shit out of the tossers lol
warwickdons

Postby MKDF » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:51 pm

warwickdons wrote:You should all go in PW fancy dress, that would confuse the shit out of the tossers lol

Brilliant!! :lol:
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:45 am

MKDF wrote:
warwickdons wrote:You should all go in PW fancy dress, that would confuse the shit out of the tossers lol

The last time I went in fancy dress as Winkie was the last away game of the season at Hereford United back in 2009, the Fizz ran three coaches that day and we had a pub to ourselves, great days. :D

The only down side was, everybody thought I had gone as Robbie Savage.......Winkie wigs are in short supply. :lol:
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:59 am

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:

The last time I went in fancy dress as Winkie was the last away game of the season at Hereford United back in 2009, the Fizz ran three coaches that day and we had a pub to ourselves, great days. :D

The only down side was, everybody thought I had gone as Robbie Savage.......Winkie wigs are in short supply. :lol:

:lol: YES, an absolutely brilliant suggestion. I can hardly take this game seriously anymore, everytime I think about it this thought crosses my mind. :lol:
I wonder if AFC fans would see it as a lighthearted peace-maker :lol:
I remember you well that day Robbie, happy days indeed. You can still use that wig and go next time as Robbie Nielson. :)
Hereford United, now playing in the Southern League, how times change.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Robbie Nielson, please, please get our players up for this game, it's going to be a cauldron of hate tomorrow night, pity there is no Lewie but the rest of our players need to go out there and play like their lives depend on it, run themselves into the ground and put their bodies on the line. This isn't like any other game....

COYD..
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat