Well done......

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Well done......

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 am

To everyone who made the trip to AFC Kingston last night. Due to all of the security, and regulations, getting to the game wasn't easy for the majority of us, it involved taking time off work, meeting coaches at various departure points and a late night with the prospect of getting up early for work the next day. I thought we turned up in good numbers and made plenty of noise. Highlight of the night had to be seeing Winkie in our end , anyone who thinks he doesn't care about our club should have seen him last night, hugging and shaking the hand of every supporter that walked by him and when he came over to the corner of our end and made a speech to thank everyone for attending the game it sent a shiver down my spine. The man is a legend!!

Just a pity our team never turned up.......
ACDon

Re: Well done......

Postby MKDF » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:35 am

Yep.

Police did an amazing job.

Night was completely overhyped. There was next to no intimidation - would've been fine with a quarter of the police if that. One thing I'll take away with me is that AFC fans are just bullshitters. On a par with that 13 year old girl I remember calling us out at Norwich. Felt like a standard football match from the seventies. A can was thrown at our coach by some drunk but no chance of any damage.

Thought we supporters were very subdued. I expected us to be in good form, but apathy just settled over us. The only thing from us that shut them up was 'AFC Wimbledon, you shit on the floor'. Bernie liked that and AFC fans seemed reflective for a moment...

AFC as a team are very poor. They sang 'you're getting beat by a pub team'. Frankly both messages in that chant were spot on. Losing to them shows how weak we are at the moment.

Winkie was brilliant. I called for leadership in a previous thread, and that's exactly what he brought. Well done Pete and Bernie. Thanked us for our bravery, albeit little bravery was needed as far as I'm concerned.

Now to the match. Thought Neilson got this one badly wrong. Barnes on the inside didn't work at the weekend and it didn't work last night. Together with Muirhead who still brings very little, O'Keefe who seems to be getting to grips with this league, Agard as both target and striker (I kid you not), we had no presence and what little pace we had was in the wrong place. Out of balance. Barnes is superb, but the rest of the team rely on him too much. Our back four gave them far too much space, and there was little commitment to closing down or the tackle. Frankly it was a relatively lazy performance.

Lewie and Baldock can consider themselves culpable too.

Neilson hasn't got to grips with this league yet, and a mass clear out of this squad is essential. If he continues to look to Scotland for players, we're buggered - the gap is large. Safety compels him to draw from experience and quality I would suggest.

Anyway, glad I went. Winkie was great, the police were terrific and I had the pleasure of meeting Clarky for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed his company for the trip there and back. Chatted to Digger for the first time in years too. We're in a relegation scrap now. Just need Cowshedphil to make a reappearance, and it'll feel like old times!
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:47 am

MKDF wrote:Yep.

Police did an amazing job.

Night was completely overhyped. There was next to no intimidation - would've been fine with a quarter of the police if that. One thing I'll take away with me is that AFC fans are just bullshitters. On a par with that 13 year old girl I remember calling us out at Norwich. Felt like a standard football match from the seventies. A can was thrown at our coach by some drunk but no chance of any damage.

Thought we supporters were very subdued. I expected us to be in good form, but apathy just settled over us. The only thing from us that shut them up was 'AFC Wimbledon, you shit on the floor'. Bernie liked that and AFC fans seemed reflective for a moment...

AFC as a team are very poor. They sang 'you're getting beat by a pub team'. Frankly both messages in that chant were spot on. Losing to them shows how weak we are at the moment.

Winkie was brilliant. I called for leadership in a previous thread, and that's exactly what he brought. Well done Pete and Bernie. Thanked us for our bravery, albeit little bravery was needed as far as I'm concerned.

Now to the match. Thought Neilson got this one badly wrong. Barnes on the inside didn't work at the weekend and it didn't work last night. Together with Muirhead who still brings very little, O'Keefe who seems to be getting to grips with this league, Agard as both target and striker (I kid you not), we had no presence and what little pace we had was in the wrong place. Out of balance. Barnes is superb, but the rest of the team rely on him too much. Our back four game them far too much space, and there was little commitment to closing down or the tackle. Frankly it was a relatively lazy performance.

Lewie and Baldock can consider themselves culpable too.

Neilson hasn't got to grips with this league yet, and a mass clear out of this squad is essential. If he continues to look to Scotland for players, we're buggered - the gap is large. Safety compels him to draw from experience and quality I would suggest.

Anyway, glad I went. Winkie was great, the police were terrific and I had the pleasure of meeting Clarky for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed his company for the trip there and back. Chatted to Digger for the first time in years too. We're in a relegation scrap now. Just need Cowshedphil to make a reappearance, and it'll feel like old times!

Good summary, on the field, apart from a couple of short spells we lacked urgency and bite and deservedly got beat by a below average league 1 side. The bravest people we had at AFC last night were indeed Winkie and Bernie. Think we should have enough to stay up, but questions need to be asked as to why we have found ourselves in this situation. Pleased we turned out in good numbers, everyone got home safely and we stood up to the bully boys. :D
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Appreciate your comments gentlemen. Pleased and relieved that off-field everything seemed to go as planned. It took courage from all who went, particularly Mr & Mrs PW, and it is such as shame that courage didn't gravitate to the players. I wonder how many of them "cooked their goose" last night?
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Good reports and it's a shame that our best players Lewie, George Baldock, Chuks & even Wooton are missing. Well done Winkie & family and the fans.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat