Reeves

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Reeves

Postby MKDF » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am

According to TCR, Reeves has signed a pre-contract with Charlton. Not sure how reliable that is, given there are no official reports that I can find. If he has, I wish him well - he has been a good servant of this club.

If that's true though, it seems that Robinson continues to learn the basics of the trade from Neilson. Never sniffed at a pre-contract while he was with us! ;)
MKDF

Re: Reeves

Postby dons50 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:50 pm

I think it would be very bad, but also understandable, if we lost him. He's a really good, intelligent, footballer.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Perhaps a factor is that Robbie plays him on the wing while Robbo used to play him in the hole.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:27 pm

dons50 wrote:I think it would be very bad, but also understandable, if we lost him. He's a really good, intelligent, footballer.

I would never doubt his ability, but IMO he has gone missing in recent games, shirked challenges and to be perfectly honest looked like a player who doesn't want to be out there playing for us. Add to that his injury record and I don't think it wont be a big loss if he departs.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:18 pm

ACDon wrote:I would never doubt his ability, but IMO he has gone missing in recent games, shirked challenges and to be perfectly honest looked like a player who doesn't want to be out there playing for us. Add to that his injury record and I don't think it wont be a big loss if he departs.

Sad.....but true.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 pm

I'll miss watching him if he leaves. Players of his quality are rare at this level. I'd gladly live with the odd shirked tackle for those moments of quality.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am

dons50 wrote:I'll miss watching him if he leaves. Players of his quality are rare at this level. I'd gladly live with the odd shirked tackle for those moments of quality.

The problem is, the way he has been pulling out of tackles he is more likely to get injured than avoid injury. I have seen him on several occasions recently, go for a tackle then at the last split second pull out leaving his leg hanging in mid air, a dangerous thing to do at any level and a habit that often results in the person getting themselves injured. It's not something he has always done, it's something he has been doing in the last few games.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 am

Sadly this squad has run its course. All the signs - cohesion, understanding, drive, competitiveness - are that a line needs to be drawn. I have no doubt that some key members should remain - Lewie, Baldock, Agard will all be in there, hopefully together with Chuks. The remainder I feel less certain about. We need to up-weight the squad, but with as little loss of skill as we can muster, and hopefully a bit more pace throughout the formation. Intelligence would also be very nice. Tough ask, and going to be expensive! We need to build a championship squad now.

As for Reeves, he needs a new adventure in my book. Charlon wouldn't be optimal in my view, but it's his wishes that count of course.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 am

ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:I'll miss watching him if he leaves. Players of his quality are rare at this level. I'd gladly live with the odd shirked tackle for those moments of quality.

The problem is, the way he has been pulling out of tackles he is more likely to get injured than avoid injury. I have seen him on several occasions recently, go for a tackle then at the last split second pull out leaving his leg hanging in mid air, a dangerous thing to do at any level and a habit that often results in the person getting themselves injured. It's not something he has always done, it's something he has been doing in the last few games.

Therefore, with coaching and support, he can get back to not doing it again. He is only 25. I wouldn't want to give up on him because of a short term problem.

Whether we can persuade him to stay is a different matter.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 am

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Therefore, with coaching and support, he can get back to not doing it again. He is only 25. I wouldn't want to give up on him because of a short term problem.

Whether we can persuade him to stay is a different matter.

My thought is that he is doing it because his mind is already elsewhere and he doesn't want to start at his new club on the treatment table.
ACDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat