Reeves

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Reeves

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:40 pm

MKDF wrote:Sadly this squad has run its course. All the signs - cohesion, understanding, drive, competitiveness - are that a line needs to be drawn. I have no doubt that some key members should remain - Lewie, Baldock, Agard will all be in there, hopefully together with Chuks. The remainder I feel less certain about. We need to up-weight the squad, but with as little loss of skill as we can muster, and hopefully a bit more pace throughout the formation. Intelligence would also be very nice. Tough ask, and going to be expensive! We need to build a championship squad now.
As for Reeves, he needs a new adventure in my book. Charlon wouldn't be optimal in my view, but it's his wishes that count of course.

Agreed, and it becomes more and more evident with ever passing game that major surgery is needed.

Ref the underlined sentences above;
After the recent Forum I wrote; "He (robbie) expects to make a number of signings every transfer window and the incoming players will always be better than the outgoing. This way he sees us being more able to make the transition to Championship football when it comes."
Perhaps I should have given a bit more detail about those points as he also said that building a Championship team (i.e. one that can survive in that league) would cost much more than we could afford so it has to be done gradually. That is exactly why he expects to sign up to 6 or so players during the transfer windows this summer, next January and the following summer. He specifically mentioned those three windows which of course could see us promoted to the Championship. In other words (i.e mine) what he is planning is to bring in 6 players and build a team to challenge for promotion, improve it with another 6 to get us promotion and then again with another 6 to ensure we remain promoted!

Robbie is no fool, what he says is thoughtful and believable, he obviously has a plan which, although ambitious is, we hope, achievable.

Edited to add an afterthought; Robbie did say that not all the players who are good enough to get us promoted, will be good enough to keep us in the higher league. Remembering that he prefers quality over quantity, this means that some of his earlier signings may well be among those leaving to make room for players that can keep us up. Sounds like it is all about ability to do the business, he ain't going to have any favourites ;)
Last edited by LinsladeDon on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:48 pm

Looks like a plan LD. I'd rather go 8/4 rather than 6/6 in the next two windows though. Coincides with contract expiries, gives us an immediate boost - a good start to a season is so important if only to attract more quality in January - and provides some cushion for injuries and suspensions. Above all, Robbie needs players who'll play their utmost for him, which isn't the case at the moment.

He has a tough 12 months ahead of him.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:41 am

I have been thinking about this and I don't know about pulling out of tackles, but what I did notice was against Rochdale he was foremost with running with the ball (exposing himself to possible injury) and in getting a draw. So at best I would say, using a Scottish expression, that the claims are unproven.
Furzdonny

Postby stony bloke » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:35 pm

dons50 wrote:I'll miss watching him if he leaves. Players of his quality are rare at this level. I'd gladly live with the odd shirked tackle for those moments of quality.

Me to. One of the few players who can change a game and we haven't many of those. (come back Carruthers)
"People may say you have no history but you played a big part in our history "
Nantwich fan 14.11.11.
stony bloke

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:20 pm

After watching Ben Reeves make tackles and putting in a shift I can say in my opinion that I believe this is now disproven.
Furzdonny

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat