Will Grigg

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Will Grigg

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:25 am

Scored 1 in 2 for us and Wigan in League One.

Scored 1 in 5 for Wigan in the Championship.

Guess he wasn't the answer after all (at least superficially). Does that make us feel a bit better about not signing him?
MKDF

Re: Will Grigg

Postby dons50 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:44 am

MKDF wrote:Scored 1 in 2 for us and Wigan in League One.

Guess he wasn't the answer after all (at least superficially). Does that make us feel a bit better about not signing him?

I was happy at not signing him in the first place. He wasn't worth the money that Wigan paid for him. At 500k, I would have bought him, but not more.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:48 am

Any player who scores the number of goals he did in one season and two quality goals against Man U has to be pretty decent, he's having a barren spell at the moment, things maybe aren't going as well as he had hoped at Wigan, he's still fairly young and I'm confident he will score plenty more goals in his career. We missed out there, he was settled here and banging goals in, but that was two years ago and we have to move on.
ACDon

Postby ACDon » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:51 am

dons50 wrote:

I was happy at not signing him in the first place. He wasn't worth the money that Wigan paid for him. At 500k, I would have bought him, but not more.

We could have got him for £400,000 back in the January, that was the real opportunity we missed.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 am

My post was a bit of a tease. Who knows, those goals may have made all the difference to our season in the sun. Particularly if he remained injury free and maintained form. That alone would've been worth a million, if we see it as opportunity cost.

A lesson to take into the next few Windows perhaps.
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat