Coventry v Port Vale...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Coventry v Port Vale...

Postby ACDon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:55 am

Tonight's game at the Ricoh stadium is going to have a big bearing on exactly how much pressure we are going to be under at Port Vale on Saturday. The best outcome is without doubt a win for Coventry, whilst a draw would be helpful too as it would still leave Vale 5 points adrift of us, but a win for Vale (which in all honesty seems the most likely outcome) will leave them only 3 points behind us with the opportunity to draw level on points Saturday. Thankfully we do have a far superior goal difference. A win for Coventry tonight, then a draw would be a reasonable result for us this Saturday but a win for Vale and all of a sudden things don't look so good. Plenty of other teams involved in the relegation battle but I will be keeping an eye on tonight's proceedings.
ACDon

Re: Coventry v Port Vale...

Postby MKDF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 am

There are 10 teams capable of going down, with us being one of those at least risk. I think we just press on one game at a time. If Port Vale win their next two games, then I'd say our risk increases only marginally.

However, our hardest matches are at the back end of the season, so I'd hope we'd be picking up points over the next three games. 1 point per match would be very comfortable; we've been picking up around that level recently (9 points in 8 games).
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:10 am

Don't panic, we'll be fine. :D
dons50

Postby MKDF » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:33 am

dons50 wrote:Don't panic, we'll be fine. :D

We agree D50. :o ;)
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:05 am

dons50 wrote:Don't panic, we'll be fine. :D

Pretty sure you are right, but we can't take anything for granted and can ill afford any complacency, the fact we are in our current position reflects badly on our players and management team, we need to dig deep and reach safety sooner rather than later.
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:51 pm

We were sitting in a respectable 9th position back in October when a 0-1 loss at home to Port Vale dropped us to 12th in the league. That drop continued until we were in 21st when Robbo left.
PV will be looking to do the double over us and if Saturday's dross is anything to go by there is little to stop them beating both Coventry and us.
The only glimmer of hope seems to be that also back in October, Coventry went to PV and had a rare 0-2 win.

I agree, no need to panic just yet, but then I remember the "There are three teams worse than us in this league." comments when struggling in the Championship.
Hell, at the moment I don't know if I am coming or going, whether it is up, down or sideways. I used to think it was an age thing, but now realise it is the side affects of being an MK Dons supporter. :o ;)
LinsladeDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:16 am

Good fortune - Coventry 2-1 winners.
I said above, "The only glimmer of hope seems to be that also back in October, Coventry went to PV and had a rare 0-2 win." Perhaps I should also have said that in their 18 away games this season PV have only won once - the 0-1 win at stad:MK. :x
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:35 am

LinsladeDon wrote:Good fortune - Coventry 2-1 winners.
I said above, "The only glimmer of hope seems to be that also back in October, Coventry went to PV and had a rare 0-2 win." Perhaps I should also have said that in their 18 away games this season PV have only won once - the 0-1 win at stad:MK. :x

We should call this the 'Glimmer of hope address'. By quoting this for every future prediction LD, you'll be driving results in our favour. :D ;)
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am

MKDF wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:Good fortune - Coventry 2-1 winners.

We should call this the 'Glimmer of hope address'. By quoting this for every future prediction LD, you'll be driving results in our favour. :D ;)

Yeah, definitely a good result for us, Saturday will be tough at Port Vale but a draw will now be enough, whilst a win will put us in a "nearly safe" position......
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:48 am

There are 4 other teams between us and Port Vale, we have a game in hand over three of them. We will be fine.
dons50

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat