Gillingham reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Gillingham reviews....

Postby ACDon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Furzdonny wrote:In regards to Dean Bowditch, he is 30 years old, frequently injured, with this season 9 goals (5 in the league), 3 assists ( 1 in the league) and 14 shots (7 in the league), although all have been on target. I just don't think we get a good enough return. I also believe it is time to let a few of the high earners go and I put him in that category.

Good points, I'm not sure, but I would guess Bowditch is one of our higher earners, in which case perhaps it is time for him to go. On the other hand he has started in 26 games this season and been on the bench on numerous occasions, so he hasn't suffered from frequent injuries this season. Also, in a pretty awful season, his goals per game ratio is probably one of the best at the club. I suppose it all depends whether he features in Robbie Nielson's plans for the future.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:
MKDF wrote: Still massive question marks over O'Keefe, mainly his decision making, which for me are usually the wrong ones.

That's because we're so used to Potter who (nearly) always makes the right choices.

MKDF wrote:As for Lewie, consistently our classiest player. Coasted for most of yesterday but still looked quality .

Agreed

MKDF wrote:D50 I also thought Reeves was largely ineffective.

I thought he did the wing back's job pretty well. I'm not really sure why, if he wanted to play three centre backs, he didn't play Tilney at LWB and play Reeves where he can be most effective.

Did we play wing backs? George Baldock got forward a lot, but for most of the time Lewie was in left back territory, although as a defender and support only, while Ben Reeves was stuck on the wing.

Reeves took the throw ins in the second half, not Lewie.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 pm

dons50 wrote: Reeves took the throw ins in the second half, not Lewie.

Sorry, am I missing something. Does taking the throws mean you are playing wing back?
Furzdonny

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:33 pm

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:In regards to Dean Bowditch, he is 30 years old, frequently injured, with this season 9 goals (5 in the league), 3 assists ( 1 in the league) and 14 shots (7 in the league), although all have been on target. I just don't think we get a good enough return. I also believe it is time to let a few of the high earners go and I put him in that category.

Good points, I'm not sure, but I would guess Bowditch is one of our higher earners, in which case perhaps it is time for him to go. On the other hand he has started in 26 games this season and been on the bench on numerous occasions, so he hasn't suffered from frequent injuries this season. Also, in a pretty awful season, his goals per game ratio is probably one of the best at the club. I suppose it all depends whether he features in Robbie Nielson's plans for the future.

I agree, although I would caution that two of the goals were against Newport and he hasn't scored over 10 goals in a season since 2012/13. He can now make me eat my words. :D
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Furzdonny wrote:

Sorry, am I missing something. Does taking the throws mean you are playing wing back?

It's a pretty good indicator - along with Lewie tucked in.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:43 pm

dons50 wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:

It's a pretty good indicator - along with Lewie tucked in.

We will have to differ on this one, but I will look out for throws in the future. :D
Furzdonny

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:01 pm

I don't think anyone could have predict this, but Gills' kit man has been sacked for forgetting the kit.

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/sport/gilling ... _1_4961653

Most of us will probably admit to making mistakes, but it's hard to imagine what else he had to do [balls of course]. Did he sit on the club coach thinking "Now I'm sure I have forgot something, but I can't put my finger on it" ? :?
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:45 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I don't think anyone could have predict this, but Gills' kit man has been sacked for forgetting the kit.

Most of us will probably admit to making mistakes, but it's hard to imagine what else he had to do [balls of course]. Did he sit on the club coach thinking "Now I'm sure I have forgot something, but I can't put my finger on it" ? :?

Heard about this shortly before KO but when Gills came out with their correct kit on I just assumed it was an April 1st thingy.
Nearest I can remember about the Dons being without kit was an away game up north when the kit van broke down and the coach we were in had to pull into a service station to collect it.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 am

LinsladeDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I don't think anyone could have predict this, but Gills' kit man has been sacked for forgetting the kit.

Heard about this shortly before KO but when Gills came out with their correct kit on I just assumed it was an April 1st thingy.
Nearest I can remember about the Dons being without kit was an away game up north when the kit van broke down and the coach we were in had to pull into a service station to collect it.

The supporters coach was on its way to Swindon one time, they had to turn back and go to the club shop to pick up a new shirt for Daniel Powell.
dons50

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat