Charlton v Mk Dons Predictions

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Charlton v Mk Dons Predictions

Postby chas96 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:28 pm

What do you think the score will be?

Charlton 1 Dons 1 :D 8-)

Harvey Barnes first goal scorer.

Come on Dons. :D
chas96

Re: Charlton v Mk Dons Predictions

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:21 pm

As promised I am going for a draw. 1-1 with Ben Reeves showing Robbie and Robbo why they should sign him. Expect a tussle between the two after the match. ;)
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 pm

Furzdonny wrote:As promised I am going for a draw. 1-1 with Ben Reeves showing Robbie and Robbo why they should sign him. Expect a tussle between the two after the match. ;)

It depends whether he takes the throw ins. ;)
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:42 pm

Charlton...............1
MK Dons...............1

Goal scorer Agard,
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:06 pm

Furzdonny wrote:As promised I am going for a draw. 1-1 with Ben Reeves showing Robbie and Robbo why they should sign him. Expect a tussle between the two after the match. ;)

Good post.
As promised I am going for a draw. 1-1 ....... I would be happy with that and it appears that we all sink or swim together on this one.
Ben Reeves showing Robbie and Robbo why they should sign him....... Agreed that this is the ideal game for him to turn on the style - but will he be given the opportunity? Reeves will lucky to keep his place after his poor performances lately.
Expect a tussle between the two after the match....... Rumour had it a couple of weeks ago the Robbo had already won the tussle. I would imagine if Reeves plays it would be an indication that the rumour was just that - a rumour.
LinsladeDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:12 am

LinsladeDon wrote:

Good post.
As promised I am going for a draw. 1-1 ....... I would be happy with that and it appears that we all sink or swim together on this one.
Ben Reeves showing Robbie and Robbo why they should sign him....... Agreed that this is the ideal game for him to turn on the style - but will he be given the opportunity? Reeves will lucky to keep his place after his poor performances lately.
Expect a tussle between the two after the match....... Rumour had it a couple of weeks ago the Robbo had already won the tussle. I would imagine if Reeves plays it would be an indication that the rumour was just that - a rumour.

OK, we all went down but nobody sank. It looks like all are safe and sound now - actually in the top half of the table. :D
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:53 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:

Good post.

OK, we all went down but nobody sank. It looks like all are safe and sound now - actually in the top half of the table. :D

There's nothing wrong with doggy paddling to safety, even if it's not the most attractive sight.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Furzdonny wrote:There's nothing wrong with doggy paddling to safety, even if it's not the most attractive sight.

Very true, and we have seen many unattractive sights lately!
Is it fair to say that this touches on what is perhaps the biggest difference between Robbie and Robbo?
Robbie knew we were sinking and that getting to dry land and survival was all that mattered no matter how pretty or ugly it may be. He tried some different players, some different formations and different tactics. Results above all else are his priority.
Results were not Robbo's priority, possession football was. If we keep possession the other team can't score and results will therefore follow automatically. Fine in theory and with top quality players but not quite so in League 1 where brawn is needed as much as skill. Opponents knew that we had become a docile team, exactly what to expect and in the end we had become a relatively easy 3 points. He thought that there was no need to change, that we should simply keep the faith and that we would eventually play ourselves out of trouble.
I think it is the biggest difference between the two, had we not changed managers relegation would now be staring us in the face.
LinsladeDon

Postby dons50 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:29 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:There's nothing wrong with doggy paddling to safety, even if it's not the most attractive sight.

where brawn is needed as much as skill.

If the football we watch gets to this, I won't be buying my season ticket.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm

dons50 wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:

where brawn is needed as much as skill.

If the football we watch gets to this, I won't be buying my season ticket.

It's good to have a Hazard in your side, but a Costa is needed as well.
Furzdonny

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat