Swindon reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Swindon reviews....

Postby ACDon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:17 am

I must admit, I would have took a draw pre-match, but having watched 90 odd minutes of (almost) total Dons domination, how the hell we didn't come away with all three points is quite amazing. I'm not taking too much away from our performance, I thought we played pretty well and with more clinical finishing we would have come away with a 3-1 or 4-1 win. Having said that, I would have thought there are 4 worse teams than Swindon in league 1, though I suppose, come April 30th, 46 games will have been played and the table doesn't lie.

The penalty decision was at the other end of the stadium to where we were sat, but it looked soft to say the least, some are given some are not, but the fact it took a penalty for us to score is slightly worrying considering the amount of chances we created. I thought our players showed a lot of character and passion out there yesterday, but I was disappointed (yet again) to see a certain player (rumoured to be leaving) pulling out of 50/50 tackles on several occasions, no supporter likes seeing that! For the second week running the positive signs out weigh the negatives. :D

It was a lovely sunny day and the Queens Tap pub opposite the railway station had everything we required, pool table, sky sports, beer garden and they even showed the Grand National for us after the game, proper away day boozer, great banter was had with all the usual suspects, we caught the 6.12pm train home and were back in Bicester by 7.25pm. :D
ACDon

Re: Swindon reviews....

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:18 pm

Thanks for the review, AC. Looking at the highlights although Reeves penalty was soft, it was definitely one.

Ben Reeves v Swindon 08-04-17.png
Ben Reeves v Swindon 08-04-17.png (37.82 KiB) Viewed 145 times

In regards to the shooting attempts I think the ones shown were all difficult with low % success rate. Kieran Agard was being boxed in; Stuart O'Keefe should have passed and as for the Ed Upson chances shown, for one of them the pass should have been in front of him, while he couldn't generate the power nor angle to score on either, although the bar attempt was a good try . In regards to their goal Paul Downing did make a mistake but Lee Nicholls should have done better on his angles, although it was a good shot into the corner. In regards to people not trying, it is a good reason to play some of the youngsters.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat