Sounds familiar

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Sounds familiar

Postby MKDF » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:11 am

Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce, speaking to Sky Sports: "Tactically the players were aware of how to beat Arsenal. The first thing was to defend and frustrate them, keep them playing sideways, then use the space behind the full-backs. Arsenal have been weak defensively, they leave the centre-backs exposed."

Just to punch home how important it was for us to find a new way of playing when we did.
MKDF

Re: Sounds familiar

Postby ACDon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:34 am

If Wenger does stay at Arsenal I doubt if they will play any different. Despite what some Arsenal fans are saying his record is pretty good given what he has spent in comparison to the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Man City, there's not too much wrong with the way they play IMO it's more down to current squad strength. They qualified from the group stages of the Champions league, have reached the FA cup semi-final and will be playing in Europe next season (albeit probably in the Europa league), so hardly a disastrous season. I've got a lot of respect and admiration for Wenger, his team (despite not being as strong as in previous years) is still a joy to watch when they play to their potential and his refusal to pay over inflated prices for players deserves a lot of credit. They are having a bad spell and are there for the taking at the moment but I don't think there are many better managers out there (to put it right) than Wenger.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:09 pm

ACDon wrote:If Wenger does stay at Arsenal I doubt if they will play any different. Despite what some Arsenal fans are saying his record is pretty good given what he has spent in comparison to the likes of Man U, Chelsea and Man City, there's not too much wrong with the way they play IMO it's more down to current squad strength. They qualified from the group stages of the Champions league, have reached the FA cup semi-final and will be playing in Europe next season (albeit probably in the Europa league), so hardly a disastrous season. I've got a lot of respect and admiration for Wenger, his team (despite not being as strong as in previous years) is still a joy to watch when they play to their potential and his refusal to pay over inflated prices for players deserves a lot of credit. They are having a bad spell and are there for the taking at the moment but I don't think there are many better managers out there (to put it right) than Wenger.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you've said AC, which rather reinforces the point that the style can be overcome by/due to lesser quality.
MKDF

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Never mind the defeat & coming away from Palace with no points, Arsenal are the moral victors, winning on possession by 72% to 28%... ;)
Home league results under Robinson Apr-Oct 2016: P12 W0 D3 L9 F10 A28 GD-18
He had to go...
Prediction Champion 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017
The Zone League 1 Fantasy Football Champion
84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

Another sets of stats- Juve 32%, Barca 68% and another 3-0 victory. The stout party are slowing losing their grip. Come On Leicester. :D
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Some dodgy refereeing is favouring Atletico
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat