Sheffield United at home....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Sheffield United at home....

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:35 am

Next Saturday sees us entertain Sheffield United in what is our last home league game of the season. The Blades are already promoted and will probably be Champions before this game takes place, they have completely sold out their allocation of around 7300 tickets with several thousand more keen to come down to party and celebrate. I'm not sure about the exact rules on away team ticket allocations but surely this is an opportunity for us to open up another part of the ground and welcome these supporters to Stadium MK and in doing so gain more revenue. Of course this will mean more stewarding and maybe extra police, but so what, the cost will be more than offset by the revenue gained. Surely the powers to be can grant us permission to do this on the grounds that it will at least mean home and away fans will be segregated and by doing so avoid away supporters buying tickets in the home end, which apparently has already happened. Sheffield United is a massive club with a big fan base, these supporters are coming to celebrate, I very much doubt there will be any serious disorder.

Not a completely straight forward situation, but common sense should prevail IMO. Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Sheffield United at home....

Postby warwickdons » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:50 am

We don't currently have a safety certificate for more than 7,250, which is the current away allocation. I hope there are not too many away fans in home area's, as you have to be on the database to get one, and or in certain postcode area.
warwickdons

Postby ACDon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:44 am

warwickdons wrote:We don't currently have a safety certificate for more than 7,250, which is the current away allocation. I hope there are not too many away fans in home area's, as you have to be on the database to get one, and or in certain postcode area.

Yes, that's my point. Surely in the interest of safety it would be common sense for the rule to be wavered and avoid away fans buying tickets for the home fans areas.
ACDon

Postby warwickdons » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 am

ACDon wrote:
warwickdons wrote:We don't currently have a safety certificate for more than 7,250, which is the current away allocation. I hope there are not too many away fans in home area's, as you have to be on the database to get one, and or in certain postcode area.

Yes, that's my point. Surely in the interest of safety it would be common sense for the rule to be wavered and avoid away fans buying tickets for the home fans areas.

Not aloud to, there will be Sheffield United fans in home area's next week, it's guaranteed I'm afraid, yes we should have applied for more away fans to come in, probably only be another 1000 or so, there would still be away fans in home area's, they wanted 15,000 tickets originally, could still be, but spread around!
warwickdons

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat