Southend United reviews..

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Southend United reviews..

Postby ACDon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 am

I suppose it's games like this that make football such a fascinating game to watch. We went into the game on the back of a pretty poor performance last Saturday with very little to play for, whilst Southend were on the fringes of a play off place and a win was essential. Not going to say it was a classic, the first half was a bit of a bore to be honest, but the fight and character we showed in the second half just went to prove how much we have under achieved in a league that really isn't too strong.

We've spent a lovely couple of nights in Southend, completed the enjoyable mile and a third walk down the longest pier in Britain, met up with an old mate and his family, had the nicest Chinese meal I've had for years and bumped into several groups of other Dons fans who have stayed over and made a weekend of the trip. A special thanks to Radar for luring us into the Royal hotel where I enjoyed a £9 pint of lager :lol: . I thought the atmosphere and banter in the ground yesterday was probably the best of the season. Feeling more optimistic about next season now. All in all a very enjoyable and successful weekend :D

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Southend United reviews..

Postby warwickdons » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks AC, glad you had a great few days away in Sarfend, as for that rather expensive pint :o :lol: :lol:
warwickdons

Postby ACDon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:04 am

warwickdons wrote:Thanks AC, glad you had a great few days away in Sarfend, as for that rather expensive pint :o :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, it was a lovely pint and the Royal bar is lovely :D But my advice for anyone else visiting the pub, is take a packet of straws and buy a pint between 3 and its not too bad value :lol:
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Cheers AC (and many of them at £9 a pint!) good to hear that the family had an enjoyable weekend in Southend - topped with a great result :D .

A wee bit surprised though to read that you thought the first half was "a bit of a bore." On BBC 3CR the whole game sounded to be good entertaining stuff with Southend on top and yet Dons managing to create the better chances. The fight and character we showed under this considerable pressure did come to the fore and sounded like something to which we would have caved-in during the early part of this season.

The much improved commentary also left us, like you, "Feeling more optimistic about next season now." :D
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:09 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:Cheers AC (and many of them at £9 a pint!) good to hear that the family had an enjoyable weekend in Southend - topped with a great result :D .

A wee bit surprised though to read that you thought the first half was "a bit of a bore." On BBC 3CR the whole game sounded to be good entertaining stuff with Southend on top and yet Dons managing to create the better chances. The fight and character we showed under this considerable pressure did come to the fore and sounded like something to which we would have caved-in during the early part of this season.

The much improved commentary also left us, like you, "Feeling more optimistic about next season now." :D

I even enjoyed the radio commentary and youtube makes the players look like they are on speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJwZx3YP9dw
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat