What do you think of the show so far?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

What do you think of the show so far?

Postby MKDF » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:08 am

So there's a spectrum of views of those who preferred a Robbo style, even at the expense of points, and those who prefer something more pragmatic.

Personally, I prefer a winning style with as much entertainment as possible.

What are you looking for this season and what do you expect, having seen the show so far?
MKDF

Re: What do you think of the show so far?

Postby dons50 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:00 am

Based on the Brentford and Leicester games, Robbie's style is fine. I'm happy enough.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:53 am

I'm fairly impressed with our recruitment this pre-season and our use of the loan market is looking good, though obviously we will know a lot more in a few months time. Of course, winning and success has to be top on our agenda and at this early stage in his tenure Robbie Nielson has achieved very little apart from clearing out players he no longer wants and bringing in players that are more suited to our style of play. I admired KR for all his work at MK Dons and admired his dedication for trying to produce a successful side playing a style of football that is probably more suited to the Premier league but at the end of the day he probably never had the players to fulfill his dream.

Robbie Nielson is now our man at the helm and gets my full backing but to answer the question, yes I do prefer the KR style of play to the RN but also accept that the RN style may well be more successful at the level we are currently at.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:40 pm

I am OK with the new style at the moment and did think Robbo was one dimensional, based on an out dated Liverpool 90s template.

I also think it is interesting that managers often prize what they themselves lacked as players. Robbo therefore prized quick forwards as a slow one himself, while Robbie prefers big athletic players to his smaller dimensions. ;) I would prefer we got a couple of tricky players (aka Ben Reeves) to compliment what we have, although I also see the benefit of a strong No 9. I also believe that if we get promoted Robbie's style will suit the Championship, but if we or he ever got promoted to the Premiership, then more skillful & tricky players are needed to unlock defences.

In regards to what I think of the show is so far, so good, but the real test has now come and it will be interesting to see how other teams adapt and if we have turned from one dimensional system to another one dimensional power strength team other run rings around, although at the moment I don't think that is true. It also remains to be seen if we can hit the back of the net regularly.

I guess the other trend Robbie has joined is getting younger players. Monaco has shown it can work. Let's hope it does for us.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:27 am

MKDF wrote:So there's a spectrum of views of those who preferred a Robbo style, even at the expense of points, and those who prefer something more pragmatic.

Personally, I prefer a winning style with as much entertainment as possible.

What are you looking for this season and what do you expect, having seen the show so far?

Looking forward to Saturday's game, it's the first season for some time that I really don't know what to expect which makes it all the more exciting. Our new players all look promising, but can they gel into a side capable of promotion? Sit tight, we are about to find out. Not expecting everything to be straightforward, whatever happens there are sure to be setbacks, even the very top teams have their bad periods, but there does seem to be an optimistic buzz around the place at the moment.....bring it on!! :D
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Furzdonny wrote:It also remains to be seen if we can hit the back of the net regularly.

I guess that this applies, although I didn't realise how prophetic it might become.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 am

Furzdonny wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:It also remains to be seen if we can hit the back of the net regularly.

I guess that this applies, although I didn't realise how prophetic it might become.

Definitely an issue, we were poor yesterday and probably worse at Forest Green last Tuesday, over to you RN.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

Massive no.10 hole linking midfield with a striker. Pleased RN has it on his radar. Guess it's all down to quality of execution.
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat