Blackpool reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Blackpool reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Just got home, had an awesome weekend with lots of drinking and eating :D which thankfully wasn't spoilt by a dire game of football.

Great to meet up with several other Dons fans on Friday night, the drunken games of pool and darts were so funny :lol:

Not too sure where we go from here, our team look totally lacking in confidence, we seem to lack the craft and guile to unlock defences and create chances, 5 shots on target from our opening 3 games (one of which was against a league 2 side) says it all really. Far too much hoof ball for my liking, not sure bringing in a big lump of a centre forward will help but we'll have to see.

Any thoughts??
ACDon

Re: Blackpool reviews...

Postby MKDF » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Too early to judge. Clearly we've an incomplete squad still, but we do have talented players who need to coalesce.

Early October before we get a realistic sense of our immediate future IMO.
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:13 am

I wouldn't be too despondent. We conceded early and they defended well. Clearly we were unable to break them down. We've got new players who need to gel a little better. Understand where players like to run etc.

We've still got time to bring in one or two players.

Overall I thought we were the better side at Blackpool. We will be fine.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:17 pm

dons50 wrote:I wouldn't be too despondent. We conceded early and they defended well. Clearly we were unable to break them down. We've got new players who need to gel a little better. Understand where players like to run etc.

We've still got time to bring in one or two players.

Overall I thought we were the better side at Blackpool. We will be fine.

Not so sure about that, the possession was equal but Blackpool managed 6 shots on target to our 2 and if it wasn't for a fine double save from Nicholls the result could have been worse.

I haven't got too many concerns about league 1 survival, though I must admit I am starting to doubt that we will challenge for a play off place. Of course it still is early days.
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat