Swansea City reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Swansea City reviews....

Postby ACDon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:59 pm

No surprise with the result and I'm not sure if Robbie Nielson would have learnt much from what he saw this evening because in all fairness I don't think the result would have been a lot different if we had started the game with Saturdays starting X1. I thought Sietsma did OK in goal and the back four didn't let themselves down either, but we were totally over run in the midfield and spent large portions of the game chasing shadows, partly due to the gulf in class and partly due to one or two players simply not playing to their potential.

The highlight of the night for me was that deft little chip into the boot of a Suzuki car at half time, he may be getting on a bit but the lad I'm talking about has clearly still got it.............and he's a Scotsman!!

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Swansea City reviews....

Postby dons50 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:55 am

It was the most enjoyable game I've watched for a long time. Swansea's fast passing game and attacking full back play was delightful.
dons50

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:35 am

I agree it was an enjoyable game despite the loss and I hope the fringe players got something out of it as well as part of the 1st team watching on the bench.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:48 am

dons50 wrote:It was the most enjoyable game I've watched for a long time. Swansea's fast passing game and attacking full back play was delightful.

Agree about the quality of football on show, just can't help feeling we never really competed, the atmosphere was muted and the result a formality.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:51 pm

I calculated around 50p to watch each pass from one Dons player to another.

Other than that it was about a bunch of blokes ambling around a large stretch of turf with one team trying to score a goal.

I can watch great football on the telly. I come to live games to see a competition as well as a display of skill.

Understandable of RN to throw in the towel before we started, but next time I'd like advance notice please that a competitive game of football has been called off.

Wouldn't have minded if we'd at least tried to compete.
MKDF

Postby MKDF » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm

Well, we've been saved another trip to Reading...
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat