Gilbey reminds me of...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Gilbey reminds me of...

Postby MKDF » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Karl Baker.

We haven't seen very much of young Alex so far, but what I have seen reminds me a lot of the man himself. More central obviously, but he's mobile, takes on players, close ball control and great link play. Plus he's much younger and has a great shot.

I'm happy.

Any else see similarities?
MKDF

Re: Gilbey reminds me of...

Postby ACDon » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:56 pm

Yes, I can see similarities, obviously not seen much of Gilbey yet, but early signs are he's going to be a good recruit. One thing is for certain, if he can chip in with as many goals as Baker (12 in 66 appearances) I will be more than happy.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:40 am

I think I referred to it in an earlier thread, but the big difference is that Carl played out wide (he won some regional athletic event for speed) while Alex plays through the middle; but as AC said hope he can chip in with as many goals.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I think I referred to it in an earlier thread, but the big difference is that Carl played out wide (he won some regional athletic event for speed) while Alex plays through the middle; but as AC said hope he can chip in with as many goals.

I completely missed that FD - you did indeed. well will can't both be wrong.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:06 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I think I referred to it in an earlier thread, but the big difference is that Carl played out wide (he won some regional athletic event for speed) while Alex plays through the middle; but as AC said hope he can chip in with as many goals.

I completely missed that FD - you did indeed. well will can't both be wrong.

No problems MKDF. He has a lot of similarities and some differences too. If he can be as good or better player we will have a done well.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat