Confidence

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Confidence

Postby MKDF » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:28 am

I wouldn't say confidence is eroding, because we hadn't established much under pre-season anyway. The issues in pre-season have become deeper rooted, because we still haven't found a way to play well together.

I have to say it, Neilson is just not getting to grips with the imbalances in the team. And as each performance goes by, confidence erodes (bugger, said it now). Confidence in Neilson, confidence in the squad and, by a long way the most damaging, self-confidence.

As I looked around the pitch yesterday I saw lots and lots of self-doubt. Tshibola had a shocking game. It's not the effort for him at least, it's the errors that result from self-doubt. And I don't think he was alone. While that persists, we'll find it harder to find a way to play well IMO.

Sadly, I think we need minor surgery already. Cisse is not finding his feet (no pun) in an English league. I would drop him when upson recovers from injury to allow the side a chance to entrench and build, and then look to re-introduce him. Lewington also I'm afraid (my respect and appreciation undiminished).

I'm resigned that Neilson is fundamentally defensive minded (at least for now). But he needs to get some football going otherwise the attacks on him will grow especially on the other board.

You can also see the players reacting to the growing hostility in the stands. I don't think they get that they have to win folk over here. Praise and loyalty needs to be earned. However, I will remind everyone that Robinson had at least one extended period when we consistently shipped goals and we chanted sort it out more than once. We went on to win promotion a season or two after that.
MKDF

Re: Confidence

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 am

I don't think Nielson has got a clue what his best starting X1 is at this moment, he chops and changes the side every week and there is simply no continuity. Bringing in players on loan (or signings) and pitching them straight in the starting X1 rarely works, as we are seeing. I'm still waiting to see us involved in a decent game of football this season. We need to pick ourselves up and get a positive result on Saturday.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 am

I agree that they seem to be short of confidence. It will come back, it always ebbs and flows. I wouldn't panic too much.

Disagree about Cisse. He looks our most consistent player. Unspectacular but solid in the holding role.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

dons50 wrote:I agree that they seem to be short of confidence. It will come back, it always ebbs and flows. I wouldn't panic too much.

Disagree about Cisse. He looks our most consistent player. Unspectacular but solid in the holding role.

I don't disagree about Cisse's consistency. I think he has a way to go in terms of impact. He's not lacking skill or vision, just speed of response in my view.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:01 pm

From what I have seen of Cisse, I think Potter is a better player, but I suppose time is on Cisse's side and hopefully he will improve as he settles in and becomes familiar with the English game.
ACDon

Postby newportdon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Cisse looked confident and assured when he played centre back in the Brighton game . Hel lofted the ball accurately to both wings as well.
newportdon

Postby dons50 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

ACDon wrote:From what I have seen of Cisse, I think Potter is a better player, but I suppose time is on Cisse's side and hopefully he will improve as he settles in and becomes familiar with the English game.

Of course Potter's a better player. That's an unfair comparison.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 pm

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:From what I have seen of Cisse, I think Potter is a better player, but I suppose time is on Cisse's side and hopefully he will improve as he settles in and becomes familiar with the English game.

:lol: I knew you would appreciate that comment.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

ACDon wrote:
dons50 wrote:

:lol: I knew you would appreciate that comment.

;)
dons50

Postby MKDF » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:09 am

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/sport/foo ... -1-8147967

This. Though Upson is not Potter and I believe Tshibola would be a classier act if he sorted out what's in his mind.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat