Performance as important as the win

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Performance as important as the win

Postby MKDF » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:46 pm

Parts of that game gave much more confidence.

There was much more determination on show, more commitment, more movement and more togetherness. Some world class saves from Nichols kept us in it, some shambolic defending from the Upson and the two CHs threatened to lose it for us. But that aside, there were better performances from many players.

Particularly Ariybi was almost unplayable at times, much better from Tshibola and Sow was dominant at times. Still a way to go but signs of a corner turning????

PS how dirty were Rochdale. Not great from the ref either.
MKDF

Re: Performance as important as the win

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 pm

I thought the 2nd half was OK. at least we showed some passion & belief.
Furzdonny

Re: Performance as important as the win

Postby ACDon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Ariybi without doubt put in a much improved performance, apart from his goals his tracking back was very good, so definitely a plus there. Despite having the best individually talented players on the pitch, the two players that impressed me most were the Rochdale number 14 and 16 (Oliver Rathbone and Matt Done), surely we can offer a more attractive package for players like this than Rochdale. Agree about the Ref, surely not one of his best performances. Over all I didn't feel the entertainment level or performance was very high. We still have a long way to go!

I just hope Nielson leaves the players in no doubt about the importance of next Friday's game. ;)
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat