AFC Kingston on Friday night....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

AFC Kingston on Friday night....

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:50 am

I know it's a bit of a pain and certainly isn't going to be the best away game experience, but if the reports I've read about our ticket sales (only around 200 sold) are true then I've got to say it is disappointing. Of course it is down to every individual whether they go or not, but they are without doubt our biggest rivals and surely (as Robbie Nielson implied) we should be selling out our allocation for such a big important game.

Just hope the team turn up this time... :)
ACDon

Re: AFC Kingston on Friday night....

Postby dons50 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

I'm not going if the only way is to go by coach. Simple as that.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:28 am

dons50 wrote:I'm not going if the only way is to go by coach. Simple as that.

Fair enough but IMO the decision regarding the travel arrangements was done with MK Dons supporters best interest at heart. I don't usually travel to away games by coach but accept that for this particular game it's for the best.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 pm

I went to the first one as it was a little bit of history. Miserable trip though, and a miserable experience in a miserable ground. Even the players were miserable IIRC.

Can't go won't go. While I applaud those who are going this time and I'd love our fans to be noisy (this time), for me the largest possible policing bill to them for the smallest possible revenue is an upside.

But I will be handing my money to the real Dons this time via the beamback. :D
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 pm

ACDon wrote:

Fair enough but IMO the decision regarding the travel arrangements was done with MK Dons supporters best interest at heart. I don't usually travel to away games by coach but accept that for this particular game it's for the best.

I don't disagree. I understand why it's done, it's just not for me. I enjoy watching the Dons but not so much that I want to go through this to attend a match.
dons50

Postby woburnsandsdon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Think this place may get a little busier shortly !! I think we'll turn up for this one and win 1-2 COYD.
The fella with the mic asked Lewie "Is there anyone in particular you'd fancy in the FA Cup?" His word for word reply.. "Some team from Kingston"
woburnsandsdon

Postby russybcool » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:27 pm

ACDon wrote:

But why Friday? One day they will grow grapefruits and play it on a Saturday. I don't mind if they were to make it a Saturday and travel by coach, but it is impossible for me to get to MK tonight so I can't go.
Last edited by russybcool on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russybcool

Postby Kempstondons6 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Yes I would agree, I had originally planned to go this year but when they changed it to a Friday night that was the end of that!
Kempstondons6

Postby ACDon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm

23 of us travelling to Kingston on the Aylesbury coach, which is around 10 more than last season and apparently we've sold just under 300 tickets which isn't good but better than was expected earlier this week.

COYD.
ACDon

Postby Kempstondons6 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:57 pm

ACDon wrote:23 of us travelling to Kingston on the Aylesbury coach, which is around 10 more than last season and apparently we've sold just under 300 tickets which isn't good but better than was expected earlier this week.

COYD.

Thanks ACDon, if it doesn't ruin your enjoyment of the game I would appreciate any updates you can post .
Kempstondons6

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat