AFC Kingston on Friday night....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: AFC Kingston on Friday night....

Postby Scribble » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Well, that's put them back in their box for a while, excellent win!!
Scribble

Postby oakeedokee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Only six shots but five of them on target. Looks like RN did a good tactical job this time.
oakeedokee

Postby Kempstondons6 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Excellent! Back to back wins. Now let's enjoy wup in the absence of tcr :lol:
Kempstondons6

Postby ACDon » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 pm

Superb evening, well worth all the hassle, day off work etc. Just a pity a few more Dons weren't there to enjoy it :D
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 pm

And I was going to predict it. Honest. ;)
Furzdonny

Postby Kempstondons6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:27 am

Haven't been tshibolas biggest fan but loved the way he stood staring at the brain cell challenged idiots after we scored our first goal. :lol:
Kempstondons6

Postby MKDF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:08 am

I think Tshibola had a good game, as did almost everyone. I'm sure it was planned that way - the result will help endear this current team with fans.

Putting the performance and the result to one side, I remain disturbed by the way we give up the midfield after we score. Against better opposition we could well have lost that match last night. Subbing on Muirhead and Agard helped - they retained possession in AFCs half better. I would prefer more positive tactics by doing that for more of the game.

We're a counter-attacking team now. :roll:
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:30 am

MKDF wrote:I think Tshibola had a good game, as did almost everyone. I'm sure it was planned that way - the result will help endear this current team with fans.

Putting the performance and the result to one side, I remain disturbed by the way we give up the midfield after we score. Against better opposition we could well have lost that match last night. Subbing on Muirhead and Agard helped - they retained possession in AFCs half better. I would prefer more positive tactics by doing that for more of the game.

We're a counter-attacking team now. :roll:

No point in getting too carried away, we were all ecstatic at the final whistle last night because we beat our biggest rivals, but there is so much truth in what MKDF says in the sentence above. The most pleasing thing for me was the passion, commitment and desire shown by our players, yes we did give a few free kicks away for over enthusiastic and at times clumsy tackling, but I would rather see that than watch players who look like rabbits in car headlights (like last season). Fans like to see passion, it's easy to keep saying "the team are well up for this one" but last night we actually did see a team that was well up for it! Lee Nicholls was superb in goal, cant wait to see that penalty save again, Callum Brittain played like an experienced defender (I'll be surprised if he isn't playing his football at a higher level in the near future), Scott Wooton was a colosus in the centre of our defence, George Williams produced an early tackle that left the AFCK players in no doubt they were in for a tough night. Every player played their part though and hopefully we can build on this performance.

Just a word on the events off the pitch, not going to go into graphic details but I saw enough last night to realise this fixture should remain a "bubble fixture" for some time.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 am

Agree with the passion comment AC. There have been signs in recent games, but perhaps now we've reached a turning point :D
MKDF

Postby Kempstondons6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:53 am

Yes don't disagree regarding this bubble arrangement but why a Friday night when all their idiots have been on the sherbet all afternoon? Surely, as with most games with potential for trouble, Saturday or Sunday lunchtime kickoff would be better for all concerned?
Kempstondons6

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat