The concrete roundabout

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: The concrete roundabout

Postby Kempstondons6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 am

Sphere wrote:Hope the mods are OK about me posting this on here.

TCR has indeed closed down. I will be working on a new forum that I hope will be ready by Monday morning (Sit Down Or We'll Still Your Club). Twitter is @SDOWSYC . Thanks.

Think you should've called it AFC The Concrete Roundabout ;)
Kempstondons6

Postby dons50 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 am

Sphere wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Sphere wrote:Hope the mods are OK about me posting this on here.

TCR has indeed closed down. I will be working on a new forum that I hope will be ready by Monday morning (Sit Down Or We'll Still Your Club). Twitter is @SDOWSYC . Thanks.

Is Sphere really Gers?

It's a good call, but genuinely I'm not. You've probably offended him though by suggesting it :lol:

:lol:
dons50

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:23 am

Furzdonny wrote:I suspect a phoenix Concrete Roundabout will rise from the ashes in a pub after a few days.

:lol:
Change happening - fresh approach underway
Prediction Champion 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017
The Zone League 1 Fantasy Football Champion
84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 am

russybcool wrote:
dons50 wrote:There seemed to be a bit of a tiff between WellDon and DamesickDon... and then it disappeared!!

How old are they? So the ball was taken and nobody can play. Maybe they were recreating the days Wimbledon split into them and us ready for tonight's festivities!

What was the tiff about?

There had been a lot of moaning on there recently from some posters about how it's "not the same anymore" etc. etc.
Said it before on there, have they considered the possibility that they just might be very different to who they were ten years ago?

Things constantly change.
The players constantly change, and sometimes more changes than usual are required.
The managers change over the years, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, and sometimes a bigger change than usual is required.
The fans constantly change over the years, some more quickly than others - a teenager at the NHS in 2003 is likely in their mid 20s now, possibly with kids of their own today & a very different perspective on life, with very different priorities in comparison...

What doesn't change, is there are 11 players wearing the shirt that need our support every match.
COYD!
84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby SDOWSYC » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:13 am

I can indeed confirm that he's not me, and I'm not him. I am however a tad miffed that he's nicked my name. But use it or loose it I guess.

I have given up all online related Dons shenanigan, and retired to my allotment. Seriously, I've taken an allotment on, and it's massive. Couple that with my ongoing love of gardening, ukuleles, dogs, cats and not forgetting the horses. It's a busy life. So no more fanzines, blogs, wireless shows, podcasts, away games or any of that nonsense.

I can only wish you all the best with your endeavour, you'll need it. As a great man (Brando) once told me... "If you stick your head above the parapet, be prepared to be shot at"
Last edited by SDOWSYC on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The appearance of a man who stands a better than average chance of being refused entry to a happy hour.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/193996340696174/
SDOWSYC

Postby donmentor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 am

Will the new site be able rescue all our archival info from TCR ?
donmentor

Postby SG19Cowshed Das Boot » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:26 am

donmentor wrote:Will the new site be able rescue all our archival info from TCR ?

This.

What will happen to the content on the closed site?
There was some good stuff on there, with many of us investing a lot of time & effort into many threads & posts over the years.
It would be a big shame if it was all permanently unavailable anymore, without prior warning.
Different circumstances I appreciate, but BBC 606 gave us good warning of its closure, and you can still read your comments & discussions there today if you know where to look.

Could whatever caused the closure in the final hours be removed, TCR remain closed for new comments & guests / passing browsers, but the content made available to read-only by logged-in existing registered users only, for a while or even permanently?
Presumably the hosting has already been paid for, so why couldn't registered users access the content on a read-only basis it until the hosting expires?
At least we could refer back to where we were/are in the ongoing discussions & competitions etc.

If not, could the old content (cleansed of whatever caused the closure) be archived off somewhere, perhaps to a TCR Archive subsection of the new site, or if not, maybe somewhere else?

Will the new site pick up from where the old site was, with the same regular threads & standings in the competitions etc?

Thanks for letting us know, and thanks again for all your hard work on both the old & new sites.
Last edited by SG19Cowshed Das Boot on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
84/92
SG19Cowshed Das Boot

Postby MKDF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am

Never been a member of TCR, probably for the same reason DD wants to put it onto a different footing. I'm intrigued by this though. If the 'refresh' is to re-formulate the direction, does that mean controlling the membership or heavier moderation? In the end, the content is down to posters.
MKDF

Postby epdon » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:19 pm

re Sphere's comment " TCR has indeed closed down. I will be working on a new forum that I hope will be ready by Monday morning (Sit Down Or We'll Still Your Club). Twitter is @SDOWSYC . Thanks."

Its great that you are doing this Sphere, but isn't it time we moved on from the club stealing please, rather than reinforcing it in the new title?
epdon

Postby eckythump » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:46 pm

epdon wrote:re Sphere's comment " TCR has indeed closed down. I will be working on a new forum that I hope will be ready by Monday morning (Sit Down Or We'll Still Your Club). Twitter is @SDOWSYC . Thanks."

Its great that you are doing this Sphere, but isn't it time we moved on from the club stealing please, rather than reinforcing it in the new title?

I have to agree with you on that, keep it in house as a laugh and a joke. other clubs fans will use it a stick to beat us etc.
eckythump

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat