The concrete roundabout

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: The concrete roundabout

Postby Galverion » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:44 pm

HI everyone, I was a member of The Concrete Roundabout and was surprised as anyone to see it shut down yesterday...on the very day we beat AFC too ! I have no idea the reasons why TCR has been taken down, but I am disappointed as it was a good forum to be on.

So I have joined this forum instead and look forward to being a contributor to it.

Cheers
Galverion

Postby Sausage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:37 pm

And this is my other forum name so I can carry on arguing with myself.
Last edited by Sausage on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sausage

Postby Scribble » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:37 pm

eckythump wrote:
epdon wrote:re Sphere's comment " TCR has indeed closed down. I will be working on a new forum that I hope will be ready by Monday morning (Sit Down Or We'll Still Your Club). Twitter is @SDOWSYC . Thanks."

Its great that you are doing this Sphere, but isn't it time we moved on from the club stealing please, rather than reinforcing it in the new title?

I have to agree with you on that, keep it in house as a laugh and a joke. other clubs fans will use it a stick to beat us etc.

Yeah, I agree, use something else sphere, let's not give anybody the ammunition to aim at us, what about something like The Concrete Dons
Scribble

Postby Scribble » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm

Sausage wrote:And this is my other forum name so I can argue with myself.

Galverion wrote:HI everyone, I was a member of The Concrete Roundabout and was surprised as anyone to see it shut down yesterday...on the very day we beat AFC too ! I have no idea the reasons why TCR has been taken down, but I am disappointed as it was a good forum to be on.

So I have joined this forum instead and look forward to being a contributor to it.

Cheers

Lots of familiar faces appearing :lol:
Scribble

Postby Sausage » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Scribble wrote:
Galverion wrote:HI everyone, I was a member of The Concrete Roundabout and was surprised as anyone to see it shut down yesterday...on the very day we beat AFC too ! I have no idea the reasons why TCR has been taken down, but I am disappointed as it was a good forum to be on.

Cheers

I learned all I know about football from TCR. I'm hoping this new place will be just as educational.
Sausage

Postby dons50 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Sausage wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Cheers

I learned all I know about football from TCR. I'm hoping this new place will be just as educational.

Yep, I'm here. I'll continue to help you out. ;)
dons50

Postby Sphere » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 pm

A brief update that I hope will be helpful.

Firstly, the new forum is now up and running with over 60 members joining in the first few hours which is great. Some very old MooCamp names re-appearing which should be interesting :lol:

In terms of TCR, I absolutely understand the frustration and, indeed share it. I came out of a work meeting to find TCR had been closed abs that was the first I'd even heard there any whiff of a problem. I had personally read over 350K posts doing my mod/admin duties.

As for the new name, I get the point about the past and I'm getting a bit of good natured flack abou it on there too. I think Dons does self- deprecation really well, so I like it. Besides Winkie was singing it last night :lol:

As for this forum, it is great to see members posting on here over the last few days. There is plenty of room for two successful forums . Good luck to us both - we might need it 8-)
Sphere

Postby donmentor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Can you post a link or name please.
donmentor

Postby Sphere » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:51 pm

donmentor wrote:Can you post a link or name please.

Google search won't find it for a few days , so most have found it yet through TCR Twitter account. I am clearly happy to post a link on here, but not sure if that is acceptable or not so would prefer to wait for confirmation that this forum is ok with that.
Sphere

Postby donmentor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:55 pm

OK Thanks
donmentor

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat