Bury reviews...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Bury reviews...

Postby ACDon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 am

Some strange tactical decisions (I assume they were all tactical and not down to injuries/niggles), no Williams, Cisse or Seager in our starting X1 yesterday. We were sat in the pub when we first heard the line up and I don't think there was one Dons fan who wasn't puzzled. Why no Williams (MOTM on Tuesday night)? Cisse had also just put in a decent couple of shifts against AFC and Northampton and the hard working Seager had certainly not let us down. But say what you like, we got the result and came away with the three points, plus saw a grand total of 44 shots at goal, a Dons goal headed direct from a corner and an incredible save from Lee Nicholls. I'm not sure the match stats show an entirely clear picture, 53% possession to Bury, in truth maybe 2-0 flatters us a bit, but despite Bury having more shots at goal I thought we did just about edge it.

We arrived in Bury around 11am, so after a quick pre-match browse around Bury market, a portion of traditional Bury black pudding, a short stop in the LLoyds bar opposite the tram stops, we visited the Rose and crown pub which is about half way from the tram stop to the ground and discovered one of the best away day pubs I have visited for some time, a must for all real ale enthusiasts and friendly locals most of which were going to the game, definitely one for the note book should we visit again. :D
ACDon

Re: Bury reviews...

Postby MKDF » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the review AC. Must have been a very entertaining game.

I didn't go this year but Bury has always been a great away day in my book (AFC thugs aside).

I confess that I would prefer Upson above Cisse. I really like Cisse's classy style, but I think Upson is more effective, at least until Cisse fully adjusts (assuming he will).

Not sure I agree about Williams. He and EEL together limit our distribution from the back considerably (both being not great at it and generally hoofing straight to an opposition player most the time).

So overall happy with the selection and very happy with the result. :D :D
MKDF

Postby dons50 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:54 am

I can see Williams struggling to get game time unless we have injuries. When Walsh is fit, we have three good centre backs and two full backs ahead of him.

Looking even blacker for Lewie if our left back got injured yesterday and he wasn't the replacement.
dons50

Postby MKDF » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:27 pm

dons50 wrote:I can see Williams struggling to get game time unless we have injuries. When Walsh is fit, we have three good centre backs and two full backs ahead of him.

Looking even blacker for Lewie if our left back got injured yesterday and he wasn't the replacement.

Yep. Probably not a great decision by him to stick around for another year.

Hoping his next step will reward him for his loyalty.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:29 pm

MKDF wrote:
dons50 wrote:I can see Williams struggling to get game time unless we have injuries. When Walsh is fit, we have three good centre backs and two full backs ahead of him.

Yep. Probably not a great decision by him to stick around for another year.

Hoping his next step will reward him for his loyalty.

Lewington is still only 33 and would still get in my starting X1, whilst I appreciate Golbourne's quality, I don't think the left back position was a weakness in our side, so the loan deal perhaps could have been better used by getting in a midfielder or forward. Still Nielson is the Manager and picks the side, he has made it quite clear that he wants to get rid of the vast majority of players that were here during the KR regime and replace them with his own players.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 pm

For me, Golbourne would be a high preference perm signing target in the next two windows.
MKDF

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat