Always surprised

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Always surprised

Postby MKDF » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am

Having a rare opportunity to sit in the East Stand last night hit me again as to just how many more numpties we have in our fanbase than ever was revealed through good ol' TCR.

To my 7 o'clock there was a reasonably thoughtful father and son. To my 3 o'clock and beyond there were old blokes who had not a clue. Started complaining immediately when Kasumu on his debut showed any nerves whatsoever by playing conservatively. He and even the more sensible lot moaned frequently about our ball retention probing for openings, even though that was the right thing to do with Stevenage playing so tight defensively until things opened up. Not great to watch but understandable - we actually played pretty well.

Of course Chuks while rusty showed what a potential game changer he is. Should've passed to Seager a couple of times instead of shooting but that's what he was on the pitch to do.

Anyway, not a great spectacle, but very important to the progression of several players. I thought Muirhead looked good. Kasumu was tentitive but then gained confidence and started passing well. Williams was excellent as CH - even his distribution I would add. The less we say about Nesbitt's left foot the better - stick to you right young man or get to the gym and build some muscle. Sietsma also had a very good game - judged the ball well and his kicking was almost flawless. Seager was starved of decent balls, BTA is improving quickly, and McGrandles played well in the middle as did Tshibola.

Altogether a very positive night despite the flatness of the match for long periods early on.
MKDF

Re: Always surprised

Postby ACDon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

Nothing really surprises me regarding supporters comments, I'm not sure how their minds work, do they think moaning and groaning at players will help them perform better? I agree it does get a bit tiresome but having been involved in football (both watching and playing) for forty odd years I can assure you that we are not alone, every Club has its 'numpties'.
Agree about the competition, it is a good way of nurturing players back from injury and giving youngsters much needed game time at a competitive level, even though IMO the format of the competition has been ruined.
ACDon

Postby Sausage » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:53 pm

We should be winning all games 8-0 and that was no way to do it. Pathetic.

We should be a charging mass like the famous light brigade or the zulus at rorkes drift and overwhelm the opposition.
Sausage

Postby ACDon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:32 am

Sausage wrote:We should be winning all games 8-0 and that was no way to do it. Pathetic.

We should be a charging mass like the famous light brigade or the zulus at rorkes drift and overwhelm the opposition.

Exactly, don't set your stall out too high. :lol:
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat