Bradford reviews

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:45 pm

dons50 wrote:I'm not sure that is fair. On what basis do people believe that Tshibola thinks those things?


I respect your point of view that we don't know what he is thinking or even if he if thinking at all, but even Robbie has said that he shouldn't be so slow in the position he was or when being pressed. Looking at his physic and that he is seen as having potential by Villa, he can emulate players like Nicky Law. Otherwise he is an average player and probably League 2 at best, but I don't believe that is true.To me there is a lack of urgency in his play and that is a mental issue.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby dons50 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I'm not sure that is fair. On what basis do people believe that Tshibola thinks those things?


I respect your point of view that we don't know what he is thinking or even if he if thinking at all, but even Robbie has said that he shouldn't be so slow in the position he was or when being pressed. Looking at his physic and that he is seen as having potential by Villa, he can emulate players like Nicky Law. Otherwise he is an average player and probably League 2 at best, but I don't believe that is true.To me there is a lack of urgency in his play and that is a mental issue.


Maybe he just made a mistake.

Players have spells of good form and bad form. They have spells of being very confident and the complete opposite. Doesn't mean they're arrogant and think they're too good to be where they are.

I think we need to cut the guy a bit of slack.
dons50
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:12 pm

dons50 wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I'm not sure that is fair. On what basis do people believe that Tshibola thinks those things?


I respect your point of view that we don't know what he is thinking or even if he if thinking at all, but even Robbie has said that he shouldn't be so slow in the position he was or when being pressed. Looking at his physic and that he is seen as having potential by Villa, he can emulate players like Nicky Law. Otherwise he is an average player and probably League 2 at best, but I don't believe that is true.To me there is a lack of urgency in his play and that is a mental issue.


Maybe he just made a mistake.

Players have spells of good form and bad form. They have spells of being very confident and the complete opposite. Doesn't mean they're arrogant and think they're too good to be where they are.

I think we need to cut the guy a bit of slack.


I think most people have been underwhelmed by most games he has played. Is it your impression that he played well? I don't believe he is too arrogant just too used to playing U21s football at a lower pace.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby dons50 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:27 pm

I think he is a quality player who has made a couple of bad mistakes.

There’s a reason why Robbie has consistently picked him.
dons50
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby MKDF » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:04 pm

I’m with D50 on this. First time in 5 years.

This is a talented lad who for probably more than one reason is not putting it all together in his head.

Speculating, as said in a previous thread some time ago, I reckon confidence is one major issue, so the weekend events and the reaction afterward has done no good at all.

Having said that, we can’t afford to give him much more slack if any at all. Muirhead for me now, and Tshibola will have to take his chances from the bench.
MKDF
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 pm

dons50 wrote:I think he is a quality player who has made a couple of bad mistakes.

There’s a reason why Robbie has consistently picked him.


He has the potential to be a quality player and the price tag, but what have been his outstanding games where he has stood out and we have seen his quality (except for one cross)?
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby dons50 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:07 pm

MKDF wrote:I’m with D50 on this. First time in 5 years.
.


:o :lol:
dons50
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby dons50 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I think he is a quality player who has made a couple of bad mistakes.

There’s a reason why Robbie has consistently picked him.


He has the potential to be a quality player and the price tag, but what have been his outstanding games where he has stood out and we have seen his quality (except for one cross)?


Did you see him play against Leicester?

If he had played as badly as some fans seem to think, Robbie wouldn’t be picking him consistently.
dons50
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:08 am

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:10 pm

MKDF wrote:I’m with D50 on this. First time in 5 years.

This is a talented lad who for probably more than one reason is not putting it all together in his head.

Speculating, as said in a previous thread some time ago, I reckon confidence is one major issue, so the weekend events and the reaction afterward has done no good at all.

Having said that, we can’t afford to give him much more slack if any at all. Muirhead for me now, and Tshibola will have to take his chances from the bench.


I don't think Dons50 will agree it's in his head, as he would argue we don't know what is going on in his head. Are Tshibola & Muirhead competing for the same position, Tshibola plays midfield, while Muihead plays up front or on the wing.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Bradford reviews

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:13 pm

dons50 wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
dons50 wrote:I think he is a quality player who has made a couple of bad mistakes.

There’s a reason why Robbie has consistently picked him.


He has the potential to be a quality player and the price tag, but what have been his outstanding games where he has stood out and we have seen his quality (except for one cross)?


Did you see him play against Leicester?

If he had played as badly as some fans seem to think, Robbie wouldn’t be picking him consistently.


Leicester was a friendly. I agree he isn't as bad as some believe, but with his price tag and parent club I was expecting more than an average player who lacks urgency. He played well against Brighton U21s, but that shows he is more used to the pace and physicality of U21 games.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests