Donfidence Index

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Donfidence Index

Postby MKDF » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

A bit of pre xmas fun.

Think back to close season, one month ago and now, and give a confidence rating out of 10 whether the Dons will climb the table. I'm calling it the Donfidence Index, which is surely to become viral. Or perhaps not at all... ;)

So, out of 10, how confident were / are you that the Dons will climb the table over the next three months or until the end of the season, whichever comes first. A score of 5 is neutral, with pessimistic <5 and optimistic >5. I will update the index monthly for the remainder of the season.

The back estimates are purely to provide a pretence of legitimacy.

Close season score:

One month ago score:

Score now:
MKDF

Re: Donfidence Index

Postby Furzdonny » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Stick me down as neutral 5. There's still some way to go before I get confident.

Close season score: 6.5

One month ago score: 3.5

Score now: 5
Last edited by Furzdonny on Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Close season score: During the close season we made some good signings and got rid of a lot of deadwood and at the time I was probably a 7

One month ago score: Expectations had dropped but we were 14th in the league but not playing well and expectation of getting higher than that was low so now 5.5.

Score now: In the last month despite some improved performances have dropped to 17th but the confidence has gone back to as it was pre-season 7.

Hope I have read the instructions as intended and one other point, to 'climb the table' I take it to mean the Dons only have to climb it one position?
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:Close season score: During the close season we made some good signings and got rid of a lot of deadwood and at the time I was probably a 7

One month ago score: Expectations had dropped but we were 14th in the league but not playing well and expectation of getting higher than that was low so now 5.5.

Score now: In the last month despite some improved performances have dropped to 17th but the confidence has gone back to as it was pre-season 7.

Hope I have read the instructions as intended and one other point, to 'climb the table' I take it to mean the Dons only have to climb it one position?

Yep. Over a rolling three months. I expect confidence to be higher the lower we are in the table.

If we get into the playoff spots and confidence is still positive, that would be very interesting.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:13 am

Close season score: 7 Didn't have much knowledge about the new signings but (to a degree) I believed the hype and was fairly confident we would make a decent account of ourselves this season.

One month ago score: 4 Felt very disillusioned.

Score now: 5 Despite our lowly league position there have been signs of improvement.
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:14 pm

Here's the results so far. I will repeat this monthly if you're all up for it - it will be interesting to track until the end of the season.

Donfidence Index Dec 17.pdf
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
MKDF

Postby MKDF » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:54 am

Not the best time to be doing an update, but it would be interesting to look back on sentiments when all these woes are behind us.

Out of 10, how confident are you now that the Dons will climb the table over the next three months or until the end of the season, whichever comes first?

A score of 5 is neutral, with pessimistic <5 and optimistic >5. I will continue to update the index monthly for the remainder of the season.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:45 am

Furzdonny wrote:Stick me down as neutral 5. There's still some way to go before I get confident.

Close season score: 6.5

One month ago score: 3.5

Score now: 5

We are in a lower position and in the relegation zone so confidence has gone down but we are about to get a new manager, so confidence has gone up, but by not as much. I will go for 4.25
Furzdonny

Postby LinsladeDon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 pm

I gave an optimistic '7' before and see no reason to change it - after all, we can't go much lower!
I still believe we have the on-field quality to raise our game and climb to safety but the players need guidance and a system in which to work. That should be well within the capabilities of the new manager.
LinsladeDon

Postby MKDF » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:01 pm

RESET

Thanks for those who responded for this month already. Perhaps you can resubmit based on today's news please?

Thanks.
MKDF

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat