Anyone else think..?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Anyone else think..?

Postby MKDF » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:18 am

That we need much more experience and leadership on the pitch? Been thinking since that Chelsea defeat that our youngsters struggle to know what to do in too many tricky situations. Experience and leadership will be able to gee up and instruct younger players when we’re up against it.

Especially we need an alternative creative playmaker to Upson. If he doesn’t perform the team doesn’t. And he performs too inconsistently - I’m thinking 1 in 2 games at best, but I’ve no evidence to back that up.

What would you do in January if you had the reins?
MKDF
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby ACDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:44 am

Making up with Lewington, getting him fully match fit and bringing him back into the side would be a start, the majority of our current team aren't fit to lace his boots!!

Hopefully one day the truth will come out........I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I can accept he can't go on forever but he is still only 33 years old and there is no reason why we can't get another two or three seasons out of him.

If you're looking for leaders, just cast your minds back to just over a year ago and his MOTM performance against AFC Kingston. I don't think we've seen anything like that since.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:20 am

We have two major failings. We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing; plus we make too many individual errors. The 1st two issues are down to the coaching and the last down to the players.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:50 am

People have got to move on from the lewington saga, he's not good enough anymore, too slow now, never should have been captain in the past in my opinion, I not ever doubt his passion and commitment, but there's two sides to every story, we need to move on.
As far as Neilson is concerned, he will take us down if he is still here come May, the football is the most clueless I've seen.
I've seen enough of Sow to realise he's not good enough, he's weak, you need a strong man up top, Agard is stronger player than Sow, he should play as our striker, don't know what has happened to Callum Brittain, something has happened to Wooton, he's not the player I thought he was, too many cheap yellow cards, the club's a total mess on and off the pitch, I ordered our Rotherham tickets over the phone two weeks ago, still haven't arrived! Countless emails and phone calls only resolved the issue on Friday, not good enough!
This has been coming since promotion to the championship, poor recruitment pre that season has led to what we have now, I am really not confident of staying up, some bloody big games coming up!!
Warwickshire MK Dons
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:56 am

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:People have got to move on from the lewington saga, he's not good enough anymore, too slow now, never should have been captain in the past in my opinion, I not ever doubt his passion and commitment, but there's two sides to every story, we need to move on.
As far as Neilson is concerned, he will take us down if he is still here come May, the football is the most clueless I've seen.
I've seen enough of Sow to realise he's not good enough, he's weak, you need a strong man up top, Agard is stronger player than Sow, he should play as our striker, don't know what has happened to Callum Brittain, something has happened to Wooton, he's not the player I thought he was, too many cheap yellow cards, the club's a total mess on and off the pitch, I ordered our Rotherham tickets over the phone two weeks ago, still haven't arrived! Countless emails and phone calls only resolved the issue on Friday, not good enough!
This has been coming since promotion to the championship, poor recruitment pre that season has led to what we have now, I am really not confident of staying up, some bloody big games coming up!!


I also wonder what has happened to Aiden Nesbitt. He seems to be out of favour at the moment. I agree it's a relegation battle now. We need 50 points.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby MKDF » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:57 am

Furzdonny wrote: We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing


So lose or draw. I guess that’s true in recent weeks.

Furzdonny wrote:The 1st two issues are down to the coaching and the last down to the players.


That says players are mere automatrons. I can’t agree with that. Sure coaching is a major area so players know roles and various moves to try, but then there’s also problem solving on the pitch and resolve and self belief. Those need additional qualities.
MKDF
 
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:14 pm

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote: We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing


So lose or draw. I guess that’s true in recent weeks.

Furzdonny wrote:The 1st two issues are down to the coaching and the last down to the players.


That says players are mere automatrons. I can’t agree with that. Sure coaching is a major area so players know roles and various moves to try, but then there’s also problem solving on the pitch and resolve and self belief. Those need additional qualities.


Maybe not 100% but if it's a systematic problem it's down to the coaching, tactics & management.
User avatar
Furzdonny
 
Posts: 1593
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:39 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby ACDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote: We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing


So lose or draw. I guess that’s true in recent weeks.

Furzdonny wrote:The 1st two issues are down to the coaching and the last down to the players.


That says players are mere automatrons. I can’t agree with that. Sure coaching is a major area so players know roles and various moves to try, but then there’s also problem solving on the pitch and resolve and self belief. Those need additional qualities.


Maybe not 100% but if it's a systematic problem it's down to the coaching, tactics & management.



Ultimately the buck stops with the manager, the poor performances, the falling out with players, our poor league form/position etc.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:17 pm

The fact that "We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing" is entirely the fault of the players and a lack of leadership on the pitch. A manager can coach as much as he likes but on the field it is ultimately up to the players to put their coaching into practice for a full 90 minutes. If the players fail to do so then it is up to the manager to find players who can and is the reason why Neilson needs another couple of transfer windows - and, after that, if he hasn't done so then he has to go.

As for the Captaincy, this has been my pet complaint for years. Lewington was captain because of his seniority and agreed football ability but it certainly wasn't for his leadership. The fact that the captaincy (on the pitch) was taken off Lewie, given to Williams then on to Gilbey shows that Neilson knows we are desperately lacking in this department.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3139
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby ACDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:56 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:The fact that "We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing" is entirely the fault of the players and a lack of leadership on the pitch. A manager can coach as much as he likes but on the field it is ultimately up to the players to put their coaching into practice for a full 90 minutes. If the players fail to do so then it is up to the manager to find players who can and is the reason why Neilson needs another couple of transfer windows - and, after that, if he hasn't done so then he has to go.

As for the Captaincy, this has been my pet complaint for years. Lewington was captain because of his seniority and agreed football ability but it certainly wasn't for his leadership. The fact that the captaincy (on the pitch) was taken off Lewie, given to Williams then on to Gilbey shows that Neilson knows we are desperately lacking in this department.



Can't agree with this LD. It is up to the manager to pick a team of players who give 100% and listen to what they are told, if this doesn't happen then he is picking the wrong players. Of course all players and teams can have off days but this season the off days have by far out-weighted the good days.

Another strange decision by our manager came on 90+3 minutes (normally a time when the team in front make a substitution to kill time ;) ) yesterday when he brought on our bright young talent Thomas-Assante for Scott Wooton, when maybe it would have been a better idea 15 or so minutes earlier. :idea:
ACDon
 
Posts: 6200
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 41 guests