Anyone else think..?

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: Anyone else think..?

Postby dons50 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:02 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:The fact that "We can't hold onto a lead and can't come back from losing" is entirely the fault of the players and a lack of leadership on the pitch. A manager can coach as much as he likes but on the field it is ultimately up to the players to put their coaching into practice for a full 90 minutes. If the players fail to do so then it is up to the manager to find players who can and is the reason why Neilson needs another couple of transfer windows - and, after that, if he hasn't done so then he has to go.

As for the Captaincy, this has been my pet complaint for years. Lewington was captain because of his seniority and agreed football ability but it certainly wasn't for his leadership. The fact that the captaincy (on the pitch) was taken off Lewie, given to Williams then on to Gilbey shows that Neilson knows we are desperately lacking in this department.

I disagree that Lewie wasn’t captain for his leadership. I remember Robbo speaking about exactly that.
dons50

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Lewington was a poor choice of captain, great servant to the club, and upto the last couple of years, worth his place in the team at full back, but not now, could possibly do a job at cb though!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby ACDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:Lewington was a poor choice of captain, great servant to the club, and upto the last couple of years, worth his place in the team at full back, but not now, could possibly do a job at cb though!

Neilson has been in charge for over a year now and I can't see any real leaders out there, a few years ago we had Kay, McFadzean and Lewington who all had more credentials for the captaincy job than anyone we have now.

I've said all the way along, we have too much quality in our side/squad to be relegated but for whatever reasons I am now beginning to doubt my own words.
ACDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat