Rotherham reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Rotherham reviews....

Postby ACDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:11 am

We travelled up to Rotherham yesterday with slightly more hope than in recent weeks and everything started well, 1-0 up inside 10 minutes thanks to a superbly taken free-kick from Aneke, despite not creating many chances we looked comfortable and Rotherham had created very little. Then for whatever reason, we seemed to sit back, let Rotherham have more of the ball and were duly punished. In fairness it could and probably should have been more, we had turned what looked like (at very least) a point into a comfortable defeat. Only good saves from Nicholls and some last minute blocks saved us from a 4-1 or 5-1 defeat. For a side with a top 6 budget this simply isn't good enough. We may have managed to control the game last week against Scunthorpe and should have won but lets not forget they were down to ten men for 50 minutes.

Now the good part of the day ;) . Nice smooth journey by train from Aylesbury via Kings Cross, great company with plenty of banter and laughs. We got there before 12 and the away fans pub wasn't even open so we went in a home fans pub over the road. Not the friendliest establishment but it had Sky and BT sports (something the Bridge advertised but never had, we had to make do with Camdenite's I pad) and a pint of beer was £1.35p cheaper, but we had arranged to meet friends in the Bridge, so after a quick beer returned there. The pub was a hole but thankfully the company made up for it. :D

No regrets, we had a good day out but sadly the football was the worst part of it.
ACDon

Re: Rotherham reviews....

Postby MKDF » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:02 am

Thanks for the report AC.

Shame fans were let down on the pitch but glad the rest was enjoyable.
MKDF

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:15 am

Where do I start? Originally booked on the 09.47 from Leamington to Sheffield, but luckily finding out early that our train provider, cross country trains were apparently on strike, so a quick call to Russ, and an earlier wake up call for Matthew, we headed off much earlier to the station, on arrival we were told there were to be no trains north!
So we caught the next train to Birmingham at 09.30, on arrival at Moor Street Station, we made the short walk to New Street Station, after deciding how we would try and head north, we boarded a Virgin train north to Edinburgh, we left the train at Crewe at 11.15, decided our best option was to catch the next train to Manchester, walking down the platform, met two friends I play cricket with who are Manchester City season ticket holders, on their way to the Etihad.
When we got to Manchester, we managed to get a local train to Sheffield, arriving in Sheffield at 13.10, five minute wait and we were on our fifth train of the day, arriving in Rotherham at 13.30 two hours later than planned.
On arrival in Rotherham, we were met by our good friend 'Sheffield ' Rob, a short walk to the Bluecoat weatherspoons, a couple of beers and a bite to eat, we left, a short walk to the New York Stadium, picked up our tickets from the box office and in the ground we went.
We looked confident early on, fantastic free kick from Chuks, then for whatever reason, we didn't play anymore, Nicholls kept it down to 2-1 no problem with the result, we were not good enough, a pattern that is repeating itself too much, summed up with a free kick in the last seconds, with Nicholls in the box, Ariyibi sends his kick straight out of play!
Luckily we managed to get a train back to Birmingham from Sheffield at 17.55 and after a pitstop for alcohol in Birmingham New Street Station, we walked to Moor Street, got the 19.34 to Leamington, indoors by 20.25.
Overall I quite enjoyed my day out, was quite an adventure on the train tbh, great company, a few drinks, as usual the football was not good, but I'll not let that ruin my day out. Next train trip day is Qpr, probably win that!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby MKDF » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:44 pm

A drama to rival Homer WD. :lol:

Hope rival suitors hadn’t already moved in once you got home. ;)
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks for your comments gents. That train journey deserves some 'Supporter of the Year' type recognition WD, pity the players don't show the same determination.
LinsladeDon

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:17 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:Thanks for your comments gents. That train journey deserves some 'Supporter of the Year' type recognition WD, pity the players don't show the same determination.

We actually quite enjoyed the day in the end, it was a bit of an adventure, as for the players, I'm seeing a pattern developing, there is no leader on the pitch, Williams is definitely not the answer, Gilbey could be though!!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat