Woeful

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Woeful

Postby MKDF » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:24 pm

I normally wait overnight before posting thoughts on a match. However, I think the match was so dire today that an earlier thread is needed.

Some seriously odd decisions from the manager to the players. Pawlett as wingback?? The one opportunity when booting the ball up the pitch would release two players on goal and Walsh chooses not to boot it up. I could’ve made that pass.

Was it one shot on target?

Absolutely hapless throughout. And against a poor Plymouth who we made look decent.

In his post match RN said this was always going to be a transitional year. Err, that’s an obvious porky Robbie.

Neilson needs the January window but how confident am I that anything will change? Hmm...

Not looking good at all. :(
MKDF

Re: Woeful

Postby ACDon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:54 am

TBH today's game was very similar to the one at Plymouth back in September and for that reason gets my vote as our joint worst performance of the season (so far ;) ).

Agree with MKDF's comments regarding the odd decisions from our manager, surely the first priority today was not to lose, a draw would have been a better result for us than them. It's ok shuffling the pack at teams like Barcelona and Bayern Munich, but a struggling team in league 1 need to get the basics right before trying anything too different. Regardless of the result today, it was the clueless hoofing the ball forwards towards Agard that annoyed me, how the hell is he going to win the ball in the air against a 6ft 4" centre half? Yet we tried that tactic (if you can call it that) on numerous occasions!! And just for the record we managed one shot on target in today's game.

We didn't exactly pull up trees last season but we did finish the season fairly well and ended up in 12th position, how I would take that now!
ACDon

Postby Warwickshire MK Dons » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:57 am

We will go down, trust me, it will happen, the clueless football continues, as much as the buck stops with the manager, his selection and subs were a bit strange against Plymouth, but once the players cross the line, the buck stops with them, thought Gilbey summed it up pretty well post match tbh, saying the players need a hard look at themselves, time to realise it's not good enough.
One things for sure, winky won't sack Neilson, it will cost him money, old scrooge won't want to do that! Also if he did, by the time a new manager takes over, it will be after the transfer window closes probably, so that will a recipe for disaster, like it or not, Neilson is here for a while yet!!
Warwickshire MK Dons

Postby MKDF » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 am

I stick to my view that Neilson should have the January window. But I agree that PW probably would want to give him two.

Whether that will make any difference I am less confident.

RN (and these players of course who have a lot to answer for) may still come good. But that isn’t looking likely at this point.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 am

I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree that Robbie & Neilson and his staff are clueless and he doesn't know how to cope with adversity as a manager. I'm also starting to believe by the players' body language that they are losing confidence. I believe Pete ought to consider a new manager sooner than later and start looking who is available. And what's Osman Sow all about? We were told that he was going to forge a partnership with Chuks, but I can't see it; he looks out of his depth.
Last edited by Furzdonny on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:45 am

Furzdonny wrote:I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree that Robbie & Neilson and his staff are clueless and he doesn't know how to cope with adversary as a manager. I'm also starting to believe by the players' body language that they are losing confidence. I believe Pete ought to consider a new manager sooner than later and start looking who is available. And what's Osman Sow all about? We were told that he was going to forge a partnership with Chuks, but I can't see it; he looks out of his depth.

We were making progress only two weeks ago. We now look like a bunch of school kids and Neilson is showing signs of panic (aka running out of ideas). Bizarre shift of events.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:51 am

MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree that Robbie & Neilson and his staff are clueless and he doesn't know how to cope with adversity as a manager. I'm also starting to believe by the players' body language that they are losing confidence. I believe Pete ought to consider a new manager sooner than later and start looking who is available. And what's Osman Sow all about? We were told that he was going to forge a partnership with Chuks, but I can't see it; he looks out of his depth.

We were making progress only two weeks ago. We now look like a bunch of school kids and Neilson is showing signs of panic (aka running out of ideas). Bizarre shift of events.

One thing for sure the players ought to forget about this confidence thing, we are fighting for out league 1 survival not matter what Robbie says and I can see us go down while the pub team stays up if this continues.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:08 am

As things stand now, true.

The match on the 13th could well be a nail or a lifeline.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 am

Warwickshire MK Dons wrote:We will go down, trust me, it will happen, the clueless football continues, [/as much as the buck stops with the manager, his selection and subs were a bit strange against Pl[b]ymouth, bub]t once the players cross the line, the buck stops with them, thought Gilbey summed it up pretty well post match tbh, saying the players need a hard look at themselves, time to realise it's not good enough.
One things for sure, winky won't sack Neilson, it will cost him money, old scrooge won't want to do that! Also if he did, by the time a new manager takes over, it will be after the transfer window closes probably, so that will a recipe for disaster, like it or not, Neilson is here for a while yet!!

Whilst I can see what you are saying about the players under performing, it has to be down to the manager, he has built this side, he picks the team and he makes the tactical decisions. If a player isn't performing to the desired level then drop him from the side.

I agree it's very unlikely Winkie will sack Neilson, he has put a fair bit of money and faith in him, but sadly it doesn't appear to be paying off. The crazy thing is, league 1 is so poor this season ( Shrewsbury, hot favourites for relegation pre-season are currently 2nd in the table), that if a team in our position (not saying us ;) ) hits a rich vein of form they could still make the play-offs.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:25 am

Furzdonny wrote:
MKDF wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I hate to say it but I'm starting to agree that Robbie & Neilson and his staff are clueless and he doesn't know how to cope with adversity as a manager. I'm also starting to believe by the players' body language that they are losing confidence. I believe Pete ought to consider a new manager sooner than later and start looking who is available. And what's Osman Sow all about? We were told that he was going to forge a partnership with Chuks, but I can't see it; he looks out of his depth.

One thing for sure the players ought to forget about this confidence thing, we are fighting for out league 1 survival not matter what Robbie says and I can see us go down while the pub team stays up if this continues.

Not easy to forget about this “confidence thing”. They are human beings. You can’t just turn confidence on and off.
dons50

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat