United we stand.......

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

United we stand.......

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:57 pm

.........and how well we were united today. This was backs to the wall stuff for an hour and how well we coped - to the extent that Agard should have scored another near the end. Before Aneke scored that all important goal which gave us something to hang on to, it should also be remembered that we could already have been two goals ahead.
A performance to remembered by all, MOTM could have gone to anyone but Chucks Aneke and Lee Nicholls were probably the two front runners.
With hindsight, referee Charles Breakspear with his actions probably did us a huge favour today by bonding the players, management and fans together as one special lot. The feeling, the atmosphere the rapport' was tremendous and long may it last. If ever a team needed one defining moment turn their season round it is us and today could well prove to be that moment.
We need a weeks rest to get over todays efforts but unfortunately it is only one day then back to it once again. The memories will be fresh but the legs wont and yet a repeat of today will be called for. I am certain our travelling supporters will give it to the players - they certainly deserve it.
Could say a lot more but am trying to keep both feet on the ground.
Mrs LD told me at HT we wouldn't see Robbie on the touch line second-half as the Referee will have sent him to the stands for airing his views - don't you just hate it when the good lady gets one over you on football matters. :)

PS Edited to add, sorry about duplicating topics. ACs post wasn't there when I started typing :o
LinsladeDon

Re: United we stand.......

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:18 am

No regrets Linsdale, it's a good post and reflects my feelings. A top draw (or win) result. A congrats to all the players for their massive achievement.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat