Oxford United reviews..

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Oxford United reviews..

Postby ACDon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Talk about being brought back down to earth with a bump! The worst thing about today's defeat was Oxford are probably as poor as we are, I can live with losing to decent teams but losing to a team who went into the game on the back of 7-0 defeat in their last home game hurts and shows just how bad we are. I really enjoyed Saturday's battling win against Peterborough but lets be totally honest about it, a half decent league one side like Wigan or Blackburn would have crucified us in that situation, I certainly wasn't fooled into thinking we were out of the mire just yet! To be honest both of Oxford's first two goals were down to a slow reaction to the second ball, the second after a fine save by Nicholls. What followed was the same clueless long balls hoofed up towards Agard (one of the smallest players on the pitch), does our manager really think this is a good tactic? If the answer is yes then I think we should all start worrying! Another concerning thing for me is the fact Cisse (a holding midfielder) was picked at centre half in front of Scott Wooton, agreed Cisse did a good job in difficult circumstances on Saturday, but I'm not sure what message that sends over to him (Wooton). Maybe he's another player who has fell out with the Manager :idea:

We are now just two points from the relegation zone and are due to play several bottom 6 teams in the coming weeks, how we could do with some wins in those games.

Any thoughts?
ACDon

Re: Oxford United reviews..

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:33 pm

I did think we would struggle after the epic Posh win. I believe Cisse is comfortable as centre half as he plays there for Mali and I believe Neilson has said that he bought him as a third centre half (although why we didn't play with wing backs escapes me). I believe Robbie's inconsistencies like the changes in full backs are being to haunt him and while Wooton has had a few dodgy games, he would have expected to play against Oxford. The AFC game followed by the Cobblers become huge ones. You can't get relegated in January but you can tell if we are in the mix by the end of it.
Furzdonny

Postby dons50 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:46 pm

If we play with wing backs, there’s no place for Williams. When Brittan’s fit, we probably will.
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Furzdonny wrote:I did think we would struggle after the epic Posh win. I believe Cisse is comfortable as centre half as he plays there for Mali and I believe Neilson has said that he bought him as a third centre half (although why we didn't play with wing backs escapes me). I believe Robbie's inconsistencies like the changes in full backs are being to haunt him and while Wooton has had a few dodgy games, he would have expected to play against Oxford. The AFC game followed by the Cobblers become huge ones. You can't get relegated in January but you can tell if we are in the mix by the end of it.

Trust me, Cisse didn't look that comfortable at centre half today. The worrying thing for me is Neilson doesn't seem to know which position/role he wants players to play in let alone his best starting X1. Surely pre-season is the time to try players in different positions unless the situation is unavoidable like last Saturday. Also, where are Nesbitt and Brittain? I think it was it said on the OS that Brittain was injured but I have since heard otherwise, not sure what to believe on that. I think there are issues at the club that need sorting out ASAP.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:24 pm

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:I did think we would struggle after the epic Posh win. I believe Cisse is comfortable as centre half as he plays there for Mali and I believe Neilson has said that he bought him as a third centre half (although why we didn't play with wing backs escapes me). I believe Robbie's inconsistencies like the changes in full backs are being to haunt him and while Wooton has had a few dodgy games, he would have expected to play against Oxford. The AFC game followed by the Cobblers become huge ones. You can't get relegated in January but you can tell if we are in the mix by the end of it.

Trust me, Cisse didn't look that comfortable at centre half today. The worrying thing for me is Neilson doesn't seem to know which position/role he wants players to play in let alone his best starting X1. Surely pre-season is the time to try players in different positions unless the situation is unavoidable like last Saturday. Also, where are Nesbitt and Brittain? I think it was it said on the OS that Brittain was injured but I have since heard otherwise, not sure what to believe on that. I think there are issues at the club that need sorting out ASAP.

It's symptomatic that although Robbie played full back there has been so many changes there, as well as at centre half, centre midfield and attack. I assume Callum Brittain isn't allowed to play until he signs a new contract. Perhaps he will be our best signing if he does.
Furzdonny

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat