QPR reviews....

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

QPR reviews....

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Fair play to Robbie Neilson, he fielded a strong side and we did the business. So sad to see just how little interest there is in this competition nowadays. When teams from the second and third tier of English football field weakened sides something has to be wrong. We are now in the hat for round 4 and who knows, a trip to Anfield, Old Trafford or The Emirates may come our way. :D

QPR might have had the lions share of possession but in truth, despite their high shots on goal tally, barely looked like scoring. In the end it was a superbly taken goal from Cisse that separated the sides. A decent performance that really needs to be emulated in the league.

A big shout out to Tony (Baz) for inviting us all to his club in Acton, a great lunchtime was had by all, drinking beer watching football and horse racing and playing darts. :D
ACDon

Re: QPR reviews....

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Thanks AC, sounds like a good day out, both on and off the pitch.
Interesting that you mention fair play to Neilson for fielding a strong side when Gilbey, Sow, Pawlett, Ariyibi, Golbourne and Nesbitt didn't even make the bench for varying reasons. Goes to show that we now have some strength in depth when we can leave players of their ability behind.
Neilson knows what he is doing :)
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:Thanks AC, sounds like a good day out, both on and off the pitch.
Interesting that you mention fair play to Neilson for fielding a strong side when Gilbey, Sow, Pawlett, Ariyibi, Golbourne and Nesbitt didn't even make the bench for varying reasons. Goes to show that we now have some strength in depth when we can leave players of their ability behind.

Not sure what a strong Dons side is at the moment LD, but I suppose the fact Aneke and McGrandles both started means Saturday's line up qualifies as a strong starting X1. With our upcoming league fixtures I did think there was a chance a few players might be rested, which maybe was the case, though thankfully it wasn't the players I would class as match winners. We are currently punching way below our belt/budget in league 1 and if things don't improve significantly before the end of the season Neilson has some questions to answer.
ACDon

Postby dons50 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 pm

ACDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:Thanks AC, sounds like a good day out, both on and off the pitch.

Not sure what a strong Dons side is at the moment LD, but I suppose the fact Aneke and McGrandles both started means Saturday's line up qualifies as a strong starting X1. With our upcoming league fixtures I did think there was a chance a few players might be rested, which maybe was the case, though thankfully it wasn't the players I would class as match winners. We are currently punching way below our belt/budget in league 1 and if things don't improve significantly before the end of the season Neilson has some questions to answer.

What happened to Afobe? ;)
dons50

Postby ACDon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:35 pm

dons50 wrote:
ACDon wrote:

What happened to Afobe? ;)

He was rested :lol: Pretty sure he will return to the side later in the season though ;)
ACDon

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat