A little bit of time......

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: A little bit of time......

Postby dons50 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:02 pm

I like Upson but he may well now be behind Gilbey, McGrandles and Cisse.
dons50

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm

dons50 wrote:I like Upson but he may well now be behind Gilbey, McGrandles and Cisse.

Yes, fair comment.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 am

Where do I start?

In the early stages of last season many of our supporters wanted changes at the club, well we've certainly got that now! Of course Karl Robinson had his faults, but nobody could fault the commitment and passion he showed during his time here, his first two seasons here saw us reach 5th position before falling short in the play-offs with smaller budgets than our current man at the helm has been given, not a bad start to a career in football management. With the entertaining brand of football KR's teams were producing, It wasn't long before other clubs started looking at KR with a view to having him as their manager, but despite some lucrative sounding offers he stayed loyal to us. If only our supporters had shown some of the same loyalty to KR when things weren't going too well! Also, during his time here KR engaged so well with all sections of our support, he always made time for supporters to take photos with him, have a chat, moan or whatever and win or lose applauded our supporters at both home and away games. I don't expect all managers to be the same as KR, he was always going to be a hard act to follow with his PR. We are now being asked to keep our faith and stay loyal to a manager who has achieved nothing since his arrival at stadium MK, has very little connection with our supporters and has fell out with a club legend. I always go to games to support the team, I never boo the team off after a bad performance as I don't believe it has any benefit regarding improving players performances and confidence, but without doubt the voice of supporters does have an effect on a Chairman's decision regarding the sacking of Managers.

I know I may have gone slightly off track from the OP, but my point is (and I spoke to LinsladeDon about this fact pre-match yesterday), so many supporters (some of which I know from the Hockey stadium days) have now stopped following the team away from home. I know people's situations change and away trips aren't cheap, but I have spoke to several of these supporters and they have assured me their reasons for not going are not down to anything other than the awful football being served up and the lack of camaraderie amongst our supporters (there have been several incidents recently between our own supporters that confirm this point). These are people I have known for years, supporters that have followed the club since the hockey stadium days, regulars on the old Fizz coaches, people I thought I would always see on away trips, it all seems so strange without them on away days. So sad to have to say this but the whole ethos of this club has changed for the worse, I just hope it is only temporary!!
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:52 am

Can't disagree with a lot of that.

One of our own group in the cowshed has lost interest sadly. And you're right there are a lot of factions. But isn't that partly down to the loss of the dream that drove so many of us from the early days? Haven't we now got to find a way to come together as a fanbase rather than blow apart? That can't be driven solely by what's on the pitch.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am

MKDF wrote:Can't disagree with a lot of that.

One of our own group in the cowshed has lost interest sadly. And you're right there are a lot of factions. But isn't that partly down to the loss of the dream that drove so many of us from the early days? Haven't we now got to find a way to come together as a fanbase rather than blow apart? That can't be driven solely by what's on the pitch.

Very true. Said this for a long time, what we need is an independent supporters club. Very easy to say but in reality will need several people willing to give up their time for the cause. :idea:
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:19 pm

I never joined mkdsa for various reasons but always assumed it to be fairly independent.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm

MKDF wrote:I never joined mkdsa for various reasons but always assumed it to be fairly independent.

They may do a job to satisfy a certain faction of our support, but I would like to see a supporters club that organises discounted away trips/travel (rather like the Fizz), a club that organises trips with pub stops, a club that enables our supporters to come together and gel with each other. What are they organising for the Fleetwood game? The last game of the season at Shrewsbury etc etc? Sweet FA is my guess.

Don't want to get in an argument about the MKDSA, but like MKDF, it's not for me.
ACDon

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat