Marcus Tavernier...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Marcus Tavernier...

Postby ACDon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Joins us on loan from Middlesbrough.https://www.mkdons.com/news/2018/januar ... dons-move/

Hardly the experienced midfielder we (the fans) think we need but promising none the less. It's a tough task for such a youngster, so a watching brief IMO.
ACDon

Re: Marcus Tavernier...

Postby MKDF » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Yep - possibly a trade up on Gboli but time will tell.

Certainly not one the wise heads we desperately need.

Still, anyone who adds excitement and penetration is to be welcomed.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:17 pm

Brittain, Ugbo and Tavernier, our three under-age English internationalists. Might not be the experienced old-head we could use, but young fresh legs full of running and wanting to make a good impression - thumbs up from me. :) .
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

If he is as good as his brother we should have a good 'un. I would like us to get a decent left back sooner than later though.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:23 am

Furzdonny wrote:If he is as good as his brother we should have a good 'un. I would like us to get a decent left back sooner than later though.

We already have one and he's been badly missed this season. Time to swallow ego's and do what is best for the club.
ACDon

Postby Furzdonny » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:08 am

ACDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:If he is as good as his brother we should have a good 'un. I would like us to get a decent left back sooner than later though.

We already have one and he's been badly missed this season. Time to swallow ego's and do what is best for the club.

But is it just Robbie's ego? I suspect Lewie has one too.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:09 am

Let’s hope the pattern of loan injuries, performance degradation followed by exit doesn’t repeat here.

We don’t seem to be getting the best out of players in recent times. In fact, we seem to sap them.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Furzdonny wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Yep, and we all know what happens when two ego's meet. Interesting that we have passed the half-way mark in this current transfer window and Lewie is still looking for a new club.
LinsladeDon

Postby ACDon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:26 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
Furzdonny wrote:
ACDon wrote:

Yep, and we all know what happens when two ego's meet. Interesting that we have passed the half-way mark in this current transfer window and Lewie is still looking for a new club.

Lewie doesn't need a new club, he is on a contract at MK Dons until June 30th 2019 and until the inevitable happens will keep drawing a decent wage. Crazy!!
ACDon

Postby LinsladeDon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:23 pm

ACDon wrote:
LinsladeDon wrote:Yep, and we all know what happens when two ego's meet. Interesting that we have passed the half-way mark in this current transfer window and Lewie is still looking for a new club.

Lewie doesn't need a new club, he is on a contract at MK Dons until June 30th 2019 and until the inevitable happens will keep drawing a decent wage. Crazy!!

He does if he wants to play football again. If Lewie is content to sit back and draw a very decent weekly wage from us for 18 months then the inevitability is that his playing career is over. Alternatively, if he is hanging about in the hope Robbie will be sacked and he can return to a hero's welcome then he is seriously misguided - PW would lose all credibility if that were to happen.

The only way Lewie could possibly return to this club is for him to apologize for his behaviour - but would his ego allow him to do that?

Crazy!!- Yes AC, that I do agree with.
LinsladeDon

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat