When the going gets tough...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 pm

Emergency board meeting tomorrow do you think?

If they have been caught on the hoof by this universal opposition, God help us.
MKDF

Postby LinsladeDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:36 pm

MKDF wrote:Emergency board meeting tomorrow do you think?

If Neilson can bring some experience into the squad this coming week and we beat Coventry then he will have bought some more time. Fail to do either and the end is nigh.
LinsladeDon

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:42 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:Emergency board meeting tomorrow do you think?

If Neilson can bring some experience into the squad this coming week and we beat Coventry then he will have bought some more time. Fail to do either and the end is nigh.

If he goes or stays we need another left back and if he goes bring back Lewie if possible.
Furzdonny

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:16 pm

The person I feel for most in all this is Winkie, he did what so many people were crying out for when he sacked Robbo, he loves MK Dons, he loves the club and he loves the fans, but sadly, like all chairman, he knows f**k all about football. He was only trying to please and do what he felt was best for everyone. He's given Neilson the biggest budget in the history of our club and whatever the remainder of this season brings, he (Neilson) has failed miserably!
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 pm

The person who made this bed is Pete himself, and I’m sure he’d accept that this has been an important (and very painful) learning opportunity.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm

MKDF wrote:The person who made this bed is Pete himself, and I’m sure he’d accept that this has been an important (and very painful) learning opportunity.

Ha ha, nothing to do with the Robbo out brigade then. Funny, the majority of our hardcore loved Robbo and what he did for the club, the fans and the City. At least this time the sacking is justified!
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:38 pm

ACDon wrote:
MKDF wrote:The person who made this bed is Pete himself, and I’m sure he’d accept that this has been an important (and very painful) learning opportunity.

Ha ha, nothing to do with the Robbo out brigade then. Funny, the majority of our hardcore loved Robbo and what he did for the club, the fans and the City. At least this time the sacking is justified!

I didn't mean his sacking, I meant choosing RN in the first place. Trying to replicate Robbo but with physicality? I'm sure Pete will have a better idea of how his supposed expectations (passing style retained but with a plan b) turned into such a mess.

1-1 between Robbo out and Robbie out factions I'd say.

Feel for everyone in this sad, sorry state of affairs. We're all losers in every sense.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:

I didn't mean his sacking, I meant choosing RN in the first place. Trying to replicate Robbo but with physicality? I'm sure Pete will have a better idea of how his supposed expectations (passing style retained but with a plan b) turned into such a mess.

1-1 between Robbo out and Robbie out factions I'd say.

Feel for everyone in this sad, sorry state of affairs. We're all losers in every sense.

There was a lot of sense in the signing and I could see what Robbie was trying to do, but in the end he wasn't able to do it and he didn't seem to have the answer of how to get us out of this mess (except leaving our best player on the bench). Hopefully we will have a shortlist of two, Mark Warburton and Simon Grayson. My money is on Mark Warburton. P.S. I hope Pete has a decent no fault break clause in the manager 'contracts.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 am

Mark Warburton has a pattern of break ups with owners.

A good example of people focusing on the potential upsides and minimising potential downsides in the decisions. I'm guessing that was at play when RN was picked above other candidates.

Grayson would be great but would he move south?
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:38 am

MKDF wrote:Mark Warburton has a pattern of break ups with owners.

A good example of people focusing on the potential upsides and minimising potential downsides in the decisions. I'm guessing that was at play when RN was picked above other candidates.

Grayson would be great but would he move south?

I here what you say about Warburton, but without knowing the facts I won't comment. In regards to Simon Grayson moving south, he might commute. I know it's a long distance but Sean Dyche commutes from Northampton to Burnley.
Furzdonny

PreviousNext

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat