When the going gets tough...

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:42 am

I would guess Winkie has already drawn up a short list of likely candidates for the new post.
ACDon
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:26 pm

ACDon wrote:The person I feel for most in all this is Winkie, he did what so many people were crying out for when he sacked Robbo, he loves MK Dons, he loves the club and he loves the fans, but sadly, like all chairman, he knows f**k all about football. He was only trying to please and do what he felt was best for everyone. He's given Neilson the biggest budget in the history of our club and whatever the remainder of this season brings, he (Neilson) has failed miserably!


C'mon AC, I reckon you owe PW a huge apology.
PW was a Wolves supporter before taking over the helm of this club on day one. That totals a good number of years, years in which he has appointed a number of managers (both experienced and first-timers) and many have been so successful they were head-hunted away from us. He has had some involvement in the signing and departure of players and knows the financial situation inside out. To top all that, he has been almost an ever-present at games, home and away, seeing us at our best and at our worst.
How can you possibly say he knows f**k all about football? :o
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:07 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:The person I feel for most in all this is Winkie, he did what so many people were crying out for when he sacked Robbo, he loves MK Dons, he loves the club and he loves the fans, but sadly, like all chairman, he knows f**k all about football. He was only trying to please and do what he felt was best for everyone. He's given Neilson the biggest budget in the history of our club and whatever the remainder of this season brings, he (Neilson) has failed miserably!


C'mon AC, I reckon you owe PW a huge apology.
PW was a Wolves supporter before taking over the helm of this club on day one. That totals a good number of years, years in which he has appointed a number of managers (both experienced and first-timers) and many have been so successful they were head-hunted away from us. He has had some involvement in the signing and departure of players and knows the financial situation inside out. To top all that, he has been almost an ever-present at games, home and away, seeing us at our best and at our worst.
How can you possibly say he knows f**k all about football? :o



Well perhaps he knows slightly more than f**k all about football, but my main point is, his involvement in football is largely confined to being a chairman, dealing with staff and trying to please supporters, which by and large he is pretty good at. He made a mistake appointing Neilson and the fact he has (as good as) admitted it by sacking him shows he is big enough to admit he made it, fair play to him. So sorry Winkie you ain't getting a full apology from Me. :lol:
ACDon
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby LinsladeDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:38 pm

ACDon wrote:Well perhaps he knows slightly more than f**k all about football, but my main point is, his involvement in football is largely confined to being a chairman, dealing with staff and trying to please supporters, which by and large he is pretty good at. He made a mistake appointing Neilson and the fact he has (as good as) admitted it by sacking him shows he is big enough to admit he made it, fair play to him. So sorry Winkie you ain't getting a full apology from Me. :lol:


Shame on you sir, treating our Winkie like that. You leave me with no alternative but to put the 'Linslade curse' upon you; "May you suffer the indignity of watching the home team lose every time you go to see the MK Dons play beyond the limits of an MK postcode.
That should teach you to be more respectful towards our great leader. ;)
Last edited by LinsladeDon on Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinsladeDon
 
Posts: 3300
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:47 am

Re: When the going gets tough...

Postby ACDon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:51 pm

LinsladeDon wrote:
ACDon wrote:Well perhaps he knows slightly more than f**k all about football, but my main point is, his involvement in football is largely confined to being a chairman, dealing with staff and trying to please supporters, which by and large he is pretty good at. He made a mistake appointing Neilson and the fact he has (as good as) admitted it by sacking him shows he is big enough to admit he made it, fair play to him. So sorry Winkie you ain't getting a full apology from Me. :lol:


Shame on you sir, treating our Winkie like that. You leave me with no alternative but to put the 'Linslade curse' upon you; "May every visit you make to see the MK Dons play beyond the limits of an MK postcode result in a win for the away team."
That should teach you to be more respectful towards our great leader. ;)


Ha ha, very good LD. :D
ACDon
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:47 pm

Previous

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 56 guests

cron