Neilson is sacked..

General chat about the MK Dons and other footy related topics. Other related sites include:

Official website : http://www.mkdons.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Welcome

Milton Keynes Dons Supporters Association - official voice for Milton Keynes Dons FC supporters : http://www.mkdsa.com/

Moderator: MKDons Moderators

Neilson is sacked..

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Sadly the damage may not be repaired in time but at least we can now rebuild and move forward once again,

COYD.
ACDon

Re: Neilson is sacked..

Postby Furzdonny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:13 pm

I wish Robbie good luck but it was for the best. It's good to see Pete can still act decisively. I would grab hold of Mark Warburton before Southend nab him.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 pm

Who'd be in football management???

The last appointment was agonised over. I wonder whether Pete sees the next one as harder or easier.
MKDF

Postby ACDon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 pm

MKDF wrote:Who'd be in football management???

The last appointment was agonised over. I wonder whether Pete sees the next one as harder or easier.

It's much easier this time, Neilson is hardly a hard act to follow, lets be totally honest about it!
ACDon

Postby MKDF » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:40 pm

ACDon wrote:

It's much easier this time, Neilson is hardly a hard act to follow, lets be totally honest about it!

I reckon they'll be more knuckle biting than we imagine.

Given there is no future element to the announcement, I'm guessing there is not as much contingency planning as we'd have hoped.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am

MKDF wrote:
ACDon wrote:

I reckon they'll be more knuckle biting than we imagine.

Given there is no future element to the announcement, I'm guessing there is not as much contingency planning as we'd have hoped.

I wouldn't want a new manager in against Coventry as that is a potential banana skin. Give this to Ed and if possible officially start the new manager the following Monday.
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Just in reflective mode.

Kind of thinking RN might have just been out of his depth. I wonder if things might have been easier for everyone if he’d had the support suggested on this board months ago.

Academic given the universal relief that we hope to be back on track. But it’s good to reflect and learn.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:52 pm

MKDF wrote:Just in reflective mode.

Kind of thinking RN might have just been out of his depth. I wonder if things might have been easier for everyone if he’d had the support suggested on this board months ago.

Academic given the universal relief that we hope to be back on track. But it’s good to reflect and learn.

There' s good article in the Scotman by Craig Levein on the difficulties of managing an English team. I feel Robbie made a mistake in keeping all his Scottish backroom staff and thinking he could just transplant what he did in Scotland to England. Pete Winkelman makes a good point in the video, that while he is a good coach, sometimes it's just the wrong place, at the wrong time .

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... -1-4670190
Furzdonny

Postby MKDF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Yep, saw that. Wrong place wrong time is a pretty rubbish explanation isn't it.

Sometimes the spin needs more rotation and air to fool the batsman. That delivery has 6 all over it.
MKDF

Postby Furzdonny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 pm

MKDF wrote:Yep, saw that. Wrong place wrong time is a pretty rubbish explanation isn't it.

Sometimes the spin needs more rotation and air to fool the batsman. That delivery has 6 all over it.

How about Wrong place wrong time, wrong football? :D
Furzdonny

Next

Return to Milton Keynes Dons FC - MK Dons and general footy chat